Christian Brothers High School
- Founded in 1876 by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, Christian Brothers High School is a four-year, coeducational college preparatory high school located in Sacramento, California.
- Inspired by its Lasallian Catholic traditions, the institution's mission directs the school's efforts to the "intellectual and personal maturity of each student." Now on its third campus, Christian Brothers High School has made a commitment to remain in Oak Park, an economically depressed neighborhood of Sacramento, the state's capitol.
- The student population reflects the diversity found in the ethnic, cultural, and economic realities of the county and the school strongly encourages this diversity in the composition of its student body. The campus, which lies on twenty-four acres, is characterized by openness and beauty.
- Its facilities include the recently opened state-of-the-art Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Wing, classroom buildings, learning commons, two gymnasiums, a performing arts center, extensive athletic fields, television studio facilities, a technology center, and art studios.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1,166 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|Average SAT score||1190|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 19|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,690|
|Admissions Director||Kristen McCarthy|
|Admissions Associate||Jana Morris '99|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Decathlon, Anime Club, Associated Student Body, Black Student Union, Disney Club, Falcon Force, Lasallian Youth, Model United Nations, Moot Court, Open Mic Night, Red Cross Club, Science Olympiad, Student Government, Wellspring Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Basketball, Intramural Soccer
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sacramento Grades: PK-12 | 1137 students
8324 Bradshaw Road
Sacramento, CA 95829
(916)688-0521 8.9 PK-12
- Sacramento Grades: PK-12 | 509 students
2636 Latham Drive
Sacramento, CA 95864
(916)481-8811 4.2 PK-12
- Sacramento Grades: 9-12 | 1025 students
5900 Elvas Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95819
(916)452-3461 2.7 9-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.