Northern California Preparatory
Tel: (916) 383-6222
NCPS is a fully WASC accredited, therapeutic and educational environment educating the Aspergers, high functioning autistic, emotionally disabled, OHI and learning disabled students.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(respectful dress code enforced)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is paid by referring school district.|
- A least restrictive non-public school for students ages 12 - 19. Established to help students deal with academic, behavioral and emotional difficulties. The goal for every student is to make a successful transition to public school, higher education or the workforce. Individual group and family therapy, speech therapy, psychiatric and behavioral services, CAHSEE prep. courses. Therapeutic educational environment serving special education students with emotional disabilities, while placing a strong emphasis on academic success and appropriate social skills. Services provided to male and female students ages 12 - 19 with such disabilities as Aspergers, high functioning autistic, ED, OHI, learning disabilities and mental health diagnosis. Staff consist of credentialed teachers, trained preventative maintenance staff and two full-time therapists as well as a part-time psychiatrist on campus.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sacramento Grades: 2-12 | 28 students
3600 Fair Oaks Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95864
(916) 977-3790 4.9 2-12
- Sacramento Grades: 9-12 | 1069 students
5900 Elvas Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95819
(916) 452-3461 3.4 9-12
- Sacramento Grades: 1-12 | 67 students
1150 Eastern Ave
Sacramento, CA 95864
(916) 488-5455 6.1 1-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.