5.00 (1 review)
- Aldar Academy was established in 1975 as a private, non-profit, non-public school.
- We specialize in meeting the needs of handicapped students with severe learning, emotional and /behavioral problems.
- Aldar Academy provides individualized services as identified in the IEP (Individual Educational Program).
- Aldar Academy serves the needs of students ages 4-22, grades K-12.
- Aldar is certified by the California State Department of Education.
- We are motivated by our principles to make these commitments to our students: we will create a safe environment that enables students to develop a positive self-image, take personal responsibility, grow academically, and equip them with the tools to make successful transitions.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Serves all learning disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||All students are referred through the school district so there are no tuition costs to parents unless private placement is sought. Private placement tuition is on a sliding scale fee.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Daniel Ramirez|
|Admissions Associate||Sally Marr|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, SoccerBasketball, Flag Football,|
Mountaineering, Rock Climbing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Karoke and Mobile DJ Training, Music (guitar, keyboard, bongos, drums), Newsletter/Journalism, Photography, Student Council/Government, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Horticulture, Landscaping Project Management
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sacramento Grades: 2-12 | 28 students
3600 Fair Oaks Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95864
(916)977-3790 4.2 2-12
- Sacramento Grades: PK-11 | 58 students
6400 Freeport Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95822
(916)427-2273 11.4 PK-11
- Sacramento Grades: 1-12 | 67 students
1150 Eastern Ave
Sacramento, CA 95864
(916)488-5455 3.3 1-12
- El Dorado Hills Grades: NS-12 | 169 students
4900 Windplay Drive
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
(916)939-0553 15.6 NS-12
I`m actually the grandparent of a 2nd grader Aldar Academy. Before my grandchild began attending Aldar, school was a major source of stress. My grandchild attended 4 different schools, both public and private, for kindergarten alone. It was the same old routine at each of those schools; calls from the principal, asking us to come pick the child up after there`d been some sort of incident, then suspensions, and eventually being sent to yet another school. My grandchild was frustrated and stressed, and so were we.That`s all behind us now. Aldar has been a true blessing for our family, especially for my grandchild, who now likes going to school, and is thriving, both academically and socially, in the learning environment Aldar Academy offers.
- Posted by Parent - Nicole VAM
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.