5.00 (1 review)
- Aldar Academy was established in 1975 as a private, non-profit, non-public school.
- We specialize in meeting the needs of handicapped students with severe learning, emotional and /behavioral problems.
- Aldar Academy provides individualized services as identified in the IEP (Individual Educational Program).
- Aldar Academy serves the needs of students ages 4-22, grades K-12.
- Aldar is certified by the California State Department of Education.
- We are motivated by our principles to make these commitments to our students: we will create a safe environment that enables students to develop a positive self-image, take personal responsibility, grow academically, and equip them with the tools to make successful transitions.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Serves all learning disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||All students are referred through the school district so there are no tuition costs to parents unless private placement is sought. Private placement tuition is on a sliding scale fee.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Daniel Ramirez|
|Admissions Associate||Sally Marr|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, SoccerBasketball, Flag Football,|
Mountaineering, Rock Climbing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Karoke and Mobile DJ Training, Music (guitar, keyboard, bongos, drums), Newsletter/Journalism, Photography, Student Council/Government, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Horticulture, Landscaping Project Management
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sacramento Grades: 2-12 | 28 students
3600 Fair Oaks Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95864
(916)977-3790 4.2 2-12
- Sacramento Grades: 1-12 | 67 students
1150 Eastern Ave
Sacramento, CA 95864
(916)488-5455 3.3 1-12
I`m actually the grandparent of a 2nd grader Aldar Academy. Before my grandchild began attending Aldar, school was a major source of stress. My grandchild attended 4 different schools, both public and private, for kindergarten alone. It was the same old routine at each of those schools; calls from the principal, asking us to come pick the child up after there`d been some sort of incident, then suspensions, and eventually being sent to yet another school. My grandchild was frustrated and stressed, and so were we.That`s all behind us now. Aldar has been a true blessing for our family, especially for my grandchild, who now likes going to school, and is thriving, both academically and socially, in the learning environment Aldar Academy offers.
- Posted by Parent - Nicole VAM
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.