- Aldar Academy was established in 1975 as a private, non-profit, non-public school.
- We specialize in meeting the needs of handicapped students with severe learning, emotional and /behavioral problems.
- Aldar Academy provides individualized services as identified in the IEP (Individual Educational Program).
- Aldar Academy serves the needs of students ages 4-22, grades K-12.
- Aldar is certified by the California State Department of Education.
- We are motivated by our principles to make these commitments to our students: we will create a safe environment that enables students to develop a positive self-image, take personal responsibility, grow academically, and equip them with the tools to make successful transitions.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Serves all learning disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||All students are referred through the school district so there are no tuition costs to parents unless private placement is sought. Private placement tuition is on a sliding scale fee.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Daniel Ramirez|
|Admissions Associate||Sally Marr|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, SoccerBasketball, Flag Football,|
Mountaineering, Rock Climbing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Karoke and Mobile DJ Training, Music (guitar, keyboard, bongos, drums), Newsletter/Journalism, Photography, Student Council/Government, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Horticulture, Landscaping Project Management
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sacramento Grades: 2-12 | 28 students
3600 Fair Oaks Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95864
(916)977-3790 4.2 2-12
- Sacramento Grades: PK-K | 78 students
4540 Harlin Dr
Sacramento, CA 95826
(916)364-7800 6.7 PK-K
- Sacramento Grades: 1-12 | 67 students
1150 Eastern Ave
Sacramento, CA 95864
(916)488-5455 3.3 1-12
- Sacramento Grades: PK-11 | 58 students
6400 Freeport Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95822
(916)427-2273 11.4 PK-11
- Rancho Cordova Grades: PK-3 | 33 students
11100 Coloma Rd
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
(916)361-7290 4.9 PK-3
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.