- Aldar Academy was established in 1975 as a private, non-profit, non-public school.
- We specialize in meeting the needs of handicapped students with severe learning, emotional and /behavioral problems.
- Aldar Academy provides individualized services as identified in the IEP (Individual Educational Program).
- Aldar Academy serves the needs of students ages 4-22, grades K-12.
- Aldar is certified by the California State Department of Education.
- We are motivated by our principles to make these commitments to our students: we will create a safe environment that enables students to develop a positive self-image, take personal responsibility, grow academically, and equip them with the tools to make successful transitions.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Serves all learning disabilities|
|Total Students||81 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||All students are referred through the school district so there are no tuition costs to parents unless private placement is sought. Private placement tuition is on a sliding scale fee.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Daniel Ramirez|
|Admissions Associate||Sally Marr|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, SoccerBasketball, Flag Football,|
Mountaineering, Rock Climbing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Karoke and Mobile DJ Training, Music (guitar, keyboard, bongos, drums), Newsletter/Journalism, Photography, Student Council/Government, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Horticulture, Landscaping Project Management
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SacramentoGrades: PK | 72 students
4540 Harlin Dr
Sacramento, CA 95826
- SacramentoGrades: 1-12 | 67 students
1150 Eastern Ave
Sacramento, CA 95864
- SacramentoGrades: 2-12 | 28 students
3600 Fair Oaks Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95864
- SacramentoGrades: PK-11 | 58 students
6400 Freeport Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95822
- Citrus HeightsGrades: 1-12 | 41 students
6441 Matheny Way Ste B
Citrus Heights, CA 95621
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.