5.00 (2 reviews)
- Carden Hall is a traditional day school for students in grades pre-k (from age four and a half) through eight.
- Our students enjoy coming to school because our learning is purposeful, challenging, and fun.
- Two of the school's greatest strengths that have led to our enduring success are the sequential, comprehensive Carden curriculum and our emphasis on character development.
- Students are held accountable for their school work and their behavioral choices, which fosters the development of self-discipline and self-esteem.
- At Carden Hall we believe that each child has the ability and the desire to learn.
- Mae Carden's sequential curriculum and practical teaching techniques, our carefully trained staff, and our small class size allow for individualized attention as learning progresses.
- We view every child as capable of succeeding, and we work tirelessly to ensure that they do.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||430 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,000|
|Admissions Director||Sarah Peterson|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Football,|
- People that viewed Carden Hall also viewed these schools: Waldorf School Orange County, Page Private School - Newport Mesa, The Pegasus School, Mariners Christian School and Carden Conservatory Preschool, Elementary & Junior High School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Costa Mesa Grades: PK-12 | 404 students
2350 Canyon Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949)574-7775 2 PK-12
- Costa Mesa Grades: NS-8 | 134 students
657 Victoria Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949)642-0411 1.6 NS-8
- Huntington Beach Grades: PK-8 | 90 students
5702 Clark Drive
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
(714)840-5127 4.2 PK-8
We feel truly blessed to have found Carden Hall. We started our journey at a local public school and soon found we needed to move our children into a more structured environment. We found Carden Hall to be rich in character, integrity and faith. Our children come home beaming every day after school and this testifies to the love and care they receive at Carden. Each child is valued, treasured and guided by an extremely dedicated teaching staff. The academics are strong and challenge our children to think critically. We love that they have music daily so their spirit is excercised along with their minds and bodies. This is a school that developes the whole child; mind, body and spirit. We thank God for Carden Hall everyday!!
- Posted by Parent - Edwards
I posted this review on Yelp as well and putting it here as well because I hope to share some of our experience with those who are considering Carden Hall as a possible choice for providing the educational foundation for their children. We have 2 boys who have attended here for the past 6 years. Prior to CH, they were in Montessori & we tried 1 yr in public school. Considering private school was never on our family's radar until we experienced what public school has become. CH provides our kids with a safe, morally grounded & wonderful environment where they have absolutely excelled. We write 1 tuition check & there is no fundraising or hidden costs like so many of the other schools. Our family has more time together in part b/c the kids don't have homework until after 4th grade & we get about 3 weeks more vacation time every year. Academically CH is very strong, principled, and purposeful in their approach. Our kids are happy & better people when we pick them up after school - we don't know what more we could ever hope for. I''ve heard SO many positives about CH students in the community. CH students leave prepared for high school, college and to be successful adults. There is SO much more to CH than first meets the eye as it is truly understated and a beautiful diamond in the rough. There is a rich history in the 50+ yrs of CH. It's not the "flashy" Newport, it's "Classy" timeless Newport Beach that is simple, clean, pure and rich in character and tradition. CH has made us a better parents and a better family. I encourage everyone to check out the other schools, as we did, b/c CH isn't necessarily the right fit for everyone. CH may not dazzle you with school galas or fabulous parent parties....but when your kids get in the car after school with smiles and singing you will start to understand. French is taught at every grade level Teachers KNOW your child in remarkable detail Music, art and sports programs are great (CH does not have a gym, but that does not prevent them from being extremely competitive in area sports) The CH athletes pride themselves on great sportsmanship on and off the field.
- Posted by Parent - byers
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.