Waldorf School Orange County
5.00 (1 review)
Waldorf School Orange County Photo #2 - Playgroup classrooms are a wonderful introduction to a Waldorf curriculum
Waldorf School Orange County Photo #3 - "Play is the royal road to childhood happiness and adult brilliance"
Waldorf School Orange County Photo #4 - A Waldorf classroom is a sanctuary honoring the notion that a child's play is her truest work.
Waldorf School Orange County Photo #5 - The journey of a Waldorf School continues from 18 months to 18 years.
Waldorf School Orange County Photo #6 - High School Cheer leads school spirit for basketball, soccer, volleyball, flag football and track & field.
- Serving students from 18 months to 18 years, WSOC is committed to providing academic excellence through awakening in our students genuine enthusiasm, an interest in the world, a love of learning and a sense of purpose in life.
- The Waldorf curriculum meets the student's age-related capacities and develops the student's initiative, creativity, critical-thinking and self-reliance.
- Our educational approach encourages balance, engaging the student cognitively, emotionally and actively across all disciplines.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||404 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 18 / Jan. 22 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,700|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition range from pre-k through 12 grade is $13,750 - $19,925|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Linda Timmons|
|Admissions Associate||Kathy Christian|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Sailing, Soccer, Surf Team, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Sailing,
Soccer, Surf Team,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir and Band, Orchestra
- Discover Waldorf EducationEarly Childhood through High SchoolWaldorf School of Orange County (WSOC) invites you to explore the Waldorf curriculum from early childhood through high school. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive education that engages the child cognitively, actively and emotionally. We recognize and welcome the unique gifts brought by each child we serve, encourage independent thinking and imagination, and foster a life-long love of learning.
- Based upon the teachings and insights of Rudolf Steiner, our age-appropriate curriculum fully integrates the disciplines of the humanities, science and math, movement, and the arts into a strong academic program. Within our school community and in our classrooms, our goal is to engage the mind, fire the imagination, and strengthen the will as students develop with initiative, creativity, and the skills to enter responsibly into an ever changing local and global community.
- WSOC has been helping families raise well-balanced, multi faceted and accomplished young people since 1988. Waldorf education is the fastest growing, nondenominational independent school system in the world, now with almost 1000 schools worldwide.Our outstanding and dedicated faculty has led WSOC to become one of the most respected and successful Waldorf schools in North America.
- People that viewed Waldorf School Orange County also viewed these schools: Page Private School - Newport Mesa, Carden Hall, Mariners Christian School, Carden Conservatory Preschool, Elementary & Junior High School and The Pegasus School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Costa Mesa Grades: NS-8 | 134 students
657 Victoria Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949)642-0411 1 NS-8
- Huntington Beach Grades: PK-8 | 90 students
5702 Clark Drive
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
(714)840-5127 3.4 PK-8
I could not be happier with the education that my children have received at this school. The progressive educational philosophy meets them where they are and inspires them to keep learning well beyond what is required in the classroom. They learn to love learning. What could be better than that?!
- Posted by Parent - Happy Parent
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.