Christ Lutheran Church and School
5.00 (1 review)
Christ Lutheran Church and School Photo #2 - Christ Lutheran students experience the excitement of learning and are fostered to be curious to grow in their God-given talents. Children live in a world full of discovery, new accomplishments and innovations. They are guided to think for the future.
Christ Lutheran Church and School Photo #3 - We provide positive learning in an honoring Christian environment to equip students with the beneficial skills of sharing their love, joy and knowledge with others.
Christ Lutheran Church and School Photo #4 - Building confidence through encouragement, students study the life and teachings of Jesus and realizing He not only made an impact on the worldHe changed the world, forever! Through His birth, death and resurrection, He paid the price for our sins and promised eternal life to all who believe.
Christ Lutheran Church and School Photo #5 - Welcome to Christ Lutheran where faith, academics, and families come together! We are blessed to have you partner with us to enrich children's lives and develop character traits in children that prepares them to be Knights for Christ, throughout their lives.
Christ Lutheran Church and School Photo #6 - WASC and NLSA accredited, students are challenged by innovative practices and S.T.E.A.M. studies from a Biblical world view. Partnering with families, Christ Lutheran enriches children's lives by building character in the foundational years.
Christ Lutheran Church and School Photo #7 - Our mission is to prepare and encourage students to become passionate Christian leaders who proclaim the love of Jesus.
Christ Lutheran Church and School Photo #8 - Nurturing Knights for Christ who SERVE and are:Successful LearnersEmotionally SecureResponsible CitizensVibrant BelieversEngaged Physically
Christ Lutheran Church and School Photo #9 - Our highly qualified staff challenge our students through high academic standards in a nurturing, faith-based environment
- 18 months-8th grade Christ Lutheran School offers a curriculum aligned with California State Standards, attempting to meet the needs of each child in a co-ed day school.
- Our Christian education setting provides a safe and secure environment where students can feel free to develop their gifts and talents.
- Before and after school care is available. Christ Lutheran has National Accreditation through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and through National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA).
- Our Purpose: Connecting People to Jesus. Our Mission: Partnering with parents to educate the whole child spiritually, academically, emotionally and physically in a Christ-centered environment.
- Our Vision: Nurturing Knights for Christ who SERVE and are: Successful Learners, Emotionally Secure, Responsible Citizens, Vibrant Believers, and Engaged Physically.
Christ Lutheran Church and School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||262 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Masters, Engineering for Kids- S.T.E.M. program, Mandarin/Latin, Math Club, pre-K through eighth grade, S.T.E.A.M. integrated in existing curriculum, Spanish
Arts and Music Programs:
Artmasters, Dance for Joy, Fine Arts, Integrity Art, Private music lessons, Worship Band 6-8th grade
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery, Jiu-Jitsu, Soccer, Tennis
Christ Lutheran Church and school welcomes everyone to come check us out! Students at Christ Lutheran:
- Experience S.T.E.A.M. integrated in K-8
- Will have small class sizes for individual attention
- Engage in our safety based 21st century technology program with mini iPads and Chromebooks
- Participate in many arts and music programs
- Are automatically part of our student-to-student mentor program
- Have the opportunity to participate in our 6th, 7th, and 8th grade class trips
- Will be part of our in class enrichment programs
- May be part of our after school care and join after school enrichment programs like Tennis, Archery, Soccer, Jui Jitsu, Chess Club, Engineering, Robotics programs and more!!
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed Christ Lutheran Church and School also viewed these schools: Carden Conservatory Preschool, Elementary & Junior High School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntington Beach Grades: PK-8 | 90 students
5702 Clark Drive
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
(714)840-5127 4 PK-8
Class sizes are not above 25 children, kindergarten and first would perhaps have an aid at that size. Excellent faith based curriculum! My kids went right into honors classes in high school. Safe, loving environment, art, incredible music program, sports, full computer lab, summer programs, middle school trips, musicals, leadership opportunities. Check it out!
- Posted by Parent - Mnpjs
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.