The Pegasus School
- The Pegasus School is an intellectually stimulating and nurturing independent school community for bright and highly motivated students.
- Imagination and creativity are inspired and encouraged through engaging and challenging academics, experiential learning and passionate pursuits.
- Students are prepared to become lifelong learners, balancing heart and mind, while developing the ability to navigate with integrity an ever-changing global society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2001|
|Total Students||566 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,500|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nancy Conklin|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Hebert|
|Endowment Size||$5 million|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||art, Chess, drama club, running club, Sign language|
Club or Organization:
computer game design, creative writing, French, Mandarin, speed stacking, wood working, yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
drums, guitar, webby dance
Recreational Athletic Programs:
golf, rhythmic gymnastics, Tae Kwon Do
The Pegasus School is dedicated to academic excellence and to the development of lifelong learners who are confident, caring, and courageous.
The Pegasus Community is
- and vibrant,
- serious about academic life,
- rich in opportunities,
- nurturing of the gifted student,
- engaged in the world outside the school.
Pegasus students love
- to learn,
- to be challenged,
- and to work hard;
- they are bright and motivated;
- they are joyful;
- they grow in both intellect and empathy.
- inspire, nurture and guide.
- They love to teach;
- they are flexible, creative, collaborative, and innovative;
- they foster each student`s individual gifts and passions.
- value education;
- they work closely with the school in a partnership based on thoughtful communication and mutual respect.
Pegasus alumni are
- lifelong learners
- and engaged citizens;
- they are confident and competent;
- they value their Pegasus education and friendships.
- People that viewed The Pegasus School also viewed these schools: Carden Conservatory Preschool, Elementary & Junior High School, Page Private School - Newport Mesa, Waldorf School Orange County, Liberty Christian School and St Bonaventure.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntington Beach Grades: PK-8 | 90 students
5702 Clark Drive
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
(714)840-5127 3.1 PK-8
- Costa Mesa Grades: NS-8 | 134 students
657 Victoria Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949)642-0411 2.1 NS-8
We will be starting our third year at Pegasus, my son Ethan will be going into first grade and started in pfe-k. Our daughter will also be joining as a pre-k'er this year.We couldn't say enough wonderful things about the school, teachers, faculty and fellow parents. The school has an excellent sense of community and strong academics, and teaches global responsibility. We couldn't be happier!
- Posted by Parent - Sesma