Carlisle School Photo #2 - Carlisle offers a safe environment for students to grow socially and academically.
Carlisle School Photo #3 - 100% of our graduates have been accepted to a four-year college or university since 1974.
Carlisle School Photo #4 - Carlisle has a strong athletic department, with recent state and conference championships in boys soccer, baseball, boys and girls basketball, golf, and field hockey.
- Located in Martinsville, VA, Carlisle School sets the standard in our region for excellence in education.
- We provide a nurturing yet challenging learning environment where children will grow academically and socially. Discover the difference that Carlisle School will make for your family by contacting our Admissions Office at (276) 632-7288, ext. 242, or via email at email@example.com.
- We look forward to welcoming you to this truly remarkable institution.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||School resource specialist is available for one-on-one guidance.|
|Total Students||326 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Classes: Calculus, Chemistry, English, English Literature, European History, Psychology, Statistics, US History, World History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Polo and khaki pants required on special days)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,500|
|Tuition Notes||Day student tuition ranges from $2,450-$13,500 and boarding tuition is $25,000.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sandy Bailey|
|Admissions Associate||Lindsay Favero|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, CHILL, Coding Club, Interact Club, Literary Magazine, Recycling Club, Robotics Club, Strategic Gaming, Student Council Association
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Dance, Piano, Violin Lessons, Voice Lessons, Zip Zap Zop
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Karate, Running Club
- Located in Martinsville, VA, Carlisle School sets the standard in our region for excellence in education. We provide a nurturing yet challenging learning environment where children will grow academically and socially. Every child can learn to lead. And our program is designed to help each of our students find a fitting path to leadership, excellence, and success.
- Our small class sizes give teachers the ability to focus on each individual student. The uniqueness of each student is recognized and fostered, helping to grow their self-esteem so they can reach their true potential in the classroom, stage, or athletic arena.
- We strive to develop critical thinking and reasoning to prepare our students for their college years and beyond. From preschool to their senior year, we guide their curiosity and fuel their desire to learn through discovery- and project-based learning. Textbooks are not our only resource. Through technology-enhanced lessons, research papers, interdisciplinary projects, and immersive studies, our students are challenged to apply their knowledge in real-life scenarios.
- At Carlisle School, students not only excel in the classroom but in all areas of development, from arts and athletics to civic-mindedness and leadership. Starting in the Lower School, students take part in specialty classes on music, computer, dance, science, and Spanish. As the students progress through the grades, they are given more varied choices in their extracurricular options, allowing them to explore their interests and develop a deeper understanding of a particular subject.
- In addition to physical education classes that begin in preschool, team sports are offered on both junior varsity and varsity levels. Our athletics program is not exclusive. No previous experience or try-outs are necessary, giving students the freedom to find their niche. The same applies to the arts at Carlisle School. No student will be turned away from participating in a play, the band or choir. All doors are open to our students, allowing them to thrive.
- Further, we offer an International Boarding Program for a sizable group of international students who live in school facilities or with host families. This cultural variety adds to the richness of the academic experience for all students.
- Carlisle School graduates go on to distinguish themselves at the very finest colleges and universities. The skills and traits they develop while attending our school serve them well as they seek opportunities to contribute to their communities as adults.
- Discover the difference that Carlisle School will make for your family by contacting our Admissions Office at (276) 632-7288, ext. 242, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to this truly remarkable institution.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlottesville Grades: 8-12 | 177 students
1000 Samuel Miller Loop
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434)823-4805 110.9 8-12
- Charlottesville Grades: NS-12 | 893 students
2132 Ivy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434)296-5106 118.8 NS-12
- Chatham Grades: 9-12 | 168 students
800 Chatham Hall Circle
Chatham, VA 24531
(434)432-5613 25 9-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.