5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (276) 632-7288 Ext. 242
Carlisle School Photo #2 - Carlisle offers a safe environment for students to grow socially and academically.
Carlisle School Photo #3 - Our small class sizes ensure that each student receives the attention they need to succeed.
Carlisle School Photo #4 - 100% of our graduates have been accepted to a four-year college or university since 1974.
Carlisle School Photo #5 - Carlisle has a strong athletic department, with recent state and conference championships in boys soccer, baseball, boys and girls basketball, golf, and field hockey.
Carlisle School Photo #6 - Our students are introduced to the performing arts in preschool, and many choose to continue participating throughout their career at Carlisle.
Carlisle School Photo #7 - Our 28 graduates in the class of 2020 earned more than $5.5 million in merit-based scholarships. They also received 97 acceptances into 45 different colleges and universities.
Located in Martinsville, VA, Carlisle School sets the standard in our region for excellence in education.
We provide a nurturing yet challenging learning environment where children will grow academically and socially. Discover the difference that Carlisle School will make for your family by contacting our Admissions Office at (276) 632-7288, ext. 242, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you to this truly remarkable institution.
- Carlisle Hosts Virtual Signing Event - 05/05/2020 - In the past six weeks that schools across the nation have been closed, seniors from the Class of 2020 everywhere have been missing out on numerous milestone activities to mark ...morethe completion of their high school careers. For seven student-athletes at Carlisle School, administrators created a virtual event so that these students would not have to miss the experience of their college signing day. hide
- Decision Day 2020 - 05/01/2020 - To date, Carlisle`s 28 seniors received 96 acceptances into 45 different colleges/universities from around the nation and earned more than $5.1 million in merit-based scholarships.
- Honor Society Inductees - 04/27/2020 - Carlisle School has announced 2020 honor society inductees for the National Honor Society (NHS) and National Junior Honor Society (NJHS)
- Students Earn Roanoke College Fellowships - 04/20/2020 - Two seniors at Carlisle School were recently accepted into the Fellowship program at Roanoke College. Olivia Aaron of Martinsville was accepted into the Sustainability Fellowship. Andrew Chitwood of Collinsville was ...moreaccepted into the Service Leadership Fellowship. hide
- Carlisle Named Among Top STEM Schools in Nation - 12/02/2019 - Newsweek announced its ranking of the top 5,000 STEM high schools for 2019, honoring excellence in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Carlisle School was named no. 3,755 in the Nation ...moreand no. 125 in Virginia. hide
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association of Independent Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||School resource specialist is available for one-on-one guidance.|
|Total Students||326 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Classes: Calculus, Chemistry, English, English Literature, European History, Psychology, Statistics, US History, World History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Polo and khaki pants required on special days)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,500|
|Tuition Notes||Day student tuition ranges from $2,450-$13,500 and boarding tuition is $25,000.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sandy Bailey|
|Admissions Associate||Lindsay Favero|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, CHILL, Coding Club, Interact Club, Literary Magazine, Recycling Club, Robotics Club, Strategic Gaming, Student Council Association
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Dance, Piano, Violin Lessons, Voice Lessons, Zip Zap Zop
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Karate, Running Club
- Located in Martinsville, VA, Carlisle School sets the standard in our region for excellence in education. We provide a nurturing yet challenging learning environment where children will grow academically and socially. Every child can learn to lead. And our program is designed to help each of our students find a fitting path to leadership, excellence, and success.
- Our small class sizes give teachers the ability to focus on each individual student. The uniqueness of each student is recognized and fostered, helping to grow their self-esteem so they can reach their true potential in the classroom, stage, or athletic arena.
- We strive to develop critical thinking and reasoning to prepare our students for their college years and beyond. From preschool to their senior year, we guide their curiosity and fuel their desire to learn through discovery- and project-based learning. Textbooks are not our only resource. Through technology-enhanced lessons, research papers, interdisciplinary projects, and immersive studies, our students are challenged to apply their knowledge in real-life scenarios.
- At Carlisle School, students not only excel in the classroom but in all areas of development, from arts and athletics to civic-mindedness and leadership. Starting in the Lower School, students take part in specialty classes on music, computer, dance, science, and Spanish. As the students progress through the grades, they are given more varied choices in their extracurricular options, allowing them to explore their interests and develop a deeper understanding of a particular subject.
- In addition to physical education classes that begin in preschool, team sports are offered on both junior varsity and varsity levels. Our athletics program is not exclusive. No previous experience or try-outs are necessary, giving students the freedom to find their niche. The same applies to the arts at Carlisle School. No student will be turned away from participating in a play, the band or choir. All doors are open to our students, allowing them to thrive.
- Further, we offer an International Boarding Program for a sizable group of international students who live in school facilities or with host families. This cultural variety adds to the richness of the academic experience for all students.
- Carlisle School graduates go on to distinguish themselves at the very finest colleges and universities. The skills and traits they develop while attending our school serve them well as they seek opportunities to contribute to their communities as adults.
- Discover the difference that Carlisle School will make for your family by contacting our Admissions Office at (276) 632-7288, ext. 242, or via email at email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you to this truly remarkable institution.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlottesville Grades: 8-12 | 169 students
1000 Samuel Miller Loop
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434) 823-4805 110.9 8-12
- Charlottesville Grades: PK-12
2132 Ivy Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434) 296-5106 118.8 PK-12
- Chatham Grades: 9-12 | 168 students
800 Chatham Hall Circle
Chatham, VA 24531
(434) 432-5613 25 9-12
Carlisle School truly shaped me into the individual I am today. Small class sizes allowed me to connect with my peers and better understanding the instruction being delivered in class. However, in addition to that, it created long lasting bonds between my peers and myself. While we may not speak to each other daily, we still keep in touch with one another. The faculty members there are phenomenal and truly go the extra mile to ensure your success inside the classroom and outside.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - JeNai Davis
Carlisle provides many opportunities to be involved in clubs, sports, arts as well as promotes an environment to excel in the classroom. In addition to academics, they also provide options for exciting cultural experiences and trips. Teachers really encourage students to progress and work hard, which greatly benefited me in college.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Pam Elske-Leonetti
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.