5.00 (2 reviews)
- Cathedral Academy is a vibrant ministry of a community-oriented local church where Biblical principles are integrated into the entire fabric of the student's school experience.
- Committed teachers challenge students to develop a Christian world view while learning critical thinking skills.
- The Cathedral experience is noticeably alive! Paradigms of character, ethics and values for future successful families, civic involvement, church leadership and global responsibilities set Cathedral's students apart from their peers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||324 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Average SAT score||1020|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website for updated tuition data (found on our Admissions page).|
|Admissions Director||Cindy Inabnett|
|Admissions Associate||Cindy Woodard|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Community Service, National Honor Society, Praise Band, Student Leadership Institute(SLI)
Arts and Music Programs:
Creative Arts, Drama Team
- Mission Statement: Cathedral Academy partners with families to provide a quality academic, Biblically-based education to equip both parents and families to impact their culture for Christ.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Summerville Grades: NS-12 | 787 students
104 Charger Drive
Summerville, SC 29486
(843)764-2285 3.2 NS-12
- North Charleston Grades: PK-12 | 98 students
8310 Dorchester Road
North Charleston, SC 29418
(843)552-0624 1.6 PK-12
- North Charleston Grades: PK-12 | 313 students
7800 Northside Dr
North Charleston, SC 29420
(843)797-2690 2 PK-12
- Charleston Grades: NS-11 | 32 students
1941 Bees Ferry Rd
Charleston, SC 29414
(843)225-2892 6.4 NS-11
- Charleston Grades: 1-12 | 908 students
300 Albemarle Rd
Charleston, SC 29407
(843)556-3620 12.7 1-12
After having tried Public School, Homeschool, and another local Private Christian School, we decided to enroll our children into Cathedral Academy the day it opened. Being familiar with the church, and their Vision to journey with people to walk in the destiny that was designed for them, we made the financial sacrifice and enrolled all of our children. Our youngest just graduated last year, and all I can say is that it was worth every penny! Our children were not only prepared for college, but life as well! They were prepared academically, emotionally, and spiritually. The temptations that college can present have not been issues, because of the values that were instilled in them not only at home, but in school as well. It was wonderful to know that the staff was partnering right along with what we were teaching and training at home; Biblical values in all aspects of daily life. The teachers never hesitated to meet with us when necessary, and were always quick to respond to emails. The use of Gradebook.com made it possible to always know our child's grades and assignments. I HIGHLY recommend CA!!!!!!! Great Parents + Great School= Great Kids!!!!!!
- Posted by Parent - susan
We moved to SC and put our daughter in Cathedral Academy not knowing anything about the area. Let me tell you, this was the best decision we made. We as parents could not be any happier. The staff here and her 1st grade teacher Mrs. Braswell are top notch. My daughter excelled at her subjects and we were very happy with all she has learned. The Biblical values and Christian atmosphere are worth every penny. I knew this when my daughter recited Psalm 23 to me. We could not be prouder. I HIGHLY recommend Cathedral.
- Posted by Parent - ncwei
What curricula do private schools follow? Who accredits private schools? What kind of standards prevail? More here.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.