5.00 (2 reviews)
- Cathedral Academy is a vibrant ministry of a community-oriented local church where Biblical principles are integrated into the entire fabric of the student's school experience.
- Committed teachers challenge students to develop a Christian world view while learning critical thinking skills.
- The Cathedral experience is noticeably alive! Paradigms of character, ethics and values for future successful families, civic involvement, church leadership and global responsibilities set Cathedral's students apart from their peers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||301 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Average SAT score||1020|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website for updated tuition data (found on our Admissions page).|
|Admissions Director||Cindy Inabnett|
|Admissions Associate||Cindy Woodard|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Team, Community Service, National Honor Society, Praise Band, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Creative Arts, Drama Team
- Mission Statement: Cathedral Academy partners with families to provide a quality academic, Biblically-based education to equip both parents and families to impact their culture for Christ.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North CharlestonGrades: PK-12 | 98 students
8310 Dorchester Road
North Charleston, SC 29418
- SummervilleGrades: NS-12 | 805 students
104 Charger Drive
Summerville, SC 29486
- North CharlestonGrades: PK-12 | 313 students
7800 Northside Dr
North Charleston, SC 29420
- CharlestonGrades: 1-12 | 898 students
300 Albemarle Rd
Charleston, SC 29407
- CharlestonGrades: PK-8 | 155 students
1125 Pittsford Cir
Charleston, SC 29412
After having tried Public School, Homeschool, and another local Private Christian School, we decided to enroll our children into Cathedral Academy the day it opened. Being familiar with the church, and their Vision to journey with people to walk in the destiny that was designed for them, we made the financial sacrifice and enrolled all of our children. Our youngest just graduated last year, and all I can say is that it was worth every penny! Our children were not only prepared for college, but life as well! They were prepared academically, emotionally, and spiritually. The temptations that college can present have not been issues, because of the values that were instilled in them not only at home, but in school as well. It was wonderful to know that the staff was partnering right along with what we were teaching and training at home; Biblical values in all aspects of daily life. The teachers never hesitated to meet with us when necessary, and were always quick to respond to emails. The use of Gradebook.com made it possible to always know our child's grades and assignments. I HIGHLY recommend CA!!!!!!! Great Parents + Great School= Great Kids!!!!!!
- Posted by Parent - susan
We moved to SC and put our daughter in Cathedral Academy not knowing anything about the area. Let me tell you, this was the best decision we made. We as parents could not be any happier. The staff here and her 1st grade teacher Mrs. Braswell are top notch. My daughter excelled at her subjects and we were very happy with all she has learned. The Biblical values and Christian atmosphere are worth every penny. I knew this when my daughter recited Psalm 23 to me. We could not be prouder. I HIGHLY recommend Cathedral.
- Posted by Parent - ncwei
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.