Center For Hearing And Speech
- The Center for Hearing and Speech is the only full-service resource in Houston, and one of only two in Texas, that teaches children with mild to profound hearing loss to speak rather than use sign language.
- With the aid of advanced technology, highly trained staff and its listening-based approach to developing communication skills in the hearing impaired, CHS has helped thousands of children develop listening, speaking and literacy skills needed to succeed in the mainstream hearing world.
- CHS provides services for children from infancy to age 18, as well as for their parents, within three areas: the Melinda Webb School, the Audiology Clinic, and the Speech-Language Pathology Clinic.
- CHS's teachers, audiologists and speech pathologists use the latest technology and most up-to-date teaching techniques to help every child succeed and gain independence.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Decatur Grades: Inquire with school | 29 students
705 S. Candler Street
Decatur, GA 30030
(404)378-9706 708.6 Inquire with school
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.