Center For Hearing And Speech
- The Center for Hearing and Speech is the only full-service resource in Houston, and one of only two in Texas, that teaches children with mild to profound hearing loss to speak rather than use sign language.
- With the aid of advanced technology, highly trained staff and its listening-based approach to developing communication skills in the hearing impaired, CHS has helped thousands of children develop listening, speaking and literacy skills needed to succeed in the mainstream hearing world.
- CHS provides services for children from infancy to age 18, as well as for their parents, within three areas: the Melinda Webb School, the Audiology Clinic, and the Speech-Language Pathology Clinic.
- CHS's teachers, audiologists and speech pathologists use the latest technology and most up-to-date teaching techniques to help every child succeed and gain independence.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Decatur Grades: Inquire with school | 29 students
705 S. Candler Street
Decatur, GA 30030
(404)378-9706 708.6 Inquire with school
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.