Central Catholic High School
- Central Catholic High School is a college preparatory school educating in the Marianist tradition young men from diverse backgrounds for success through the development of scholarship, leadership and moral character.
- Our aim to help the students explore the relationships between faith and the political, economic, and social environment in which they live their faith; to help the student with an assessment of contemporary experience and its meaning; we also help the students acquire critical knowledge and skills for learning, self-development and leadership; to promote students' abilities to participate in interdisciplinary dialogue; to provide opportunities for students to prepare for future professional preparation.
- We promote and encourage a free exchange of ideas and sincere communications within the school's greater community and encourage quality interaction between students and faculty.
- We provide students with opportunities to develop a concern for others and the improvement of society; to facilitate the involvement of all in community-service activities; to witness Roman Catholic faith with a concern for social justice, dignity, and equality of opportunity; and to foster participation in and service to the school and other Catholic communities of the area.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||547 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Collared shirt tucked in to slacks with belt, no tennis shoes, clean cut, shaved)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,300|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is all-inclusive-books, retreats, yearbook, etc.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Admissions Director||Veronica Beck|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Placement Test Required, 6-8th grade grades, Standardized test scores, 2 letters of recommendation from teachers
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Harlingen Grades: 8-12 | 218 students
320 Iwo Jima Blvd
Harlingen, TX 78550
(956) 423-6006 227.5 8-12
- Schertz Grades: NS-12 | 142 students
16765 Lookout Road
Schertz, TX 78154
(210) 656-2999 14.9 NS-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.