- Keystone School has been a haven for bright, motivated students since 1948.
- The mission of Keystone School is to offer an accelerated PK3-12 curriculum to provide motivated students with a nationally recognized, well-rounded educational experience in a supportive, inclusive environment that encourages academic excellence, ethical growth, community involvement, and responsible leadership.
- Through a strong academic curriculum, the school challenges students to develop diligence, independence, self-discipline, responsibility, and inquisitiveness.
- The educational culture of Keystone encourages students to pursue independent thought and research in a balanced environment.
- Working collaboratively in the high school, students continue to demonstrate to each other the value of acquiring knowledge, developing strong study habits, and mastering research skills.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||437 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Average SAT score||1450|
|Average ACT score||31|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Zina Wormley|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Golf,
- Keystone School has been a haven for bright, motivated students since 1948. The mission of Keystone School is to offer an accelerated K-12 curriculum to provide motivated students with a nationally recognized, well-rounded educational experience in a supportive, inclusive environment that encourages academic excellence, ethical growth, community involvement, and responsible leadership. Through a strong academic curriculum, the school challenges students to develop diligence, independence, self-discipline, responsibility, and inquisitiveness. The educational culture of Keystone encourages students to pursue independent thought and research in a balanced environment. Working collaboratively in the high school, students continue to demonstrate to each other the value of acquiringknowledge, developing strong study habits, and mastering research skills.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San AntonioGrades: K-12 | 230 students
5401 N Loop 1604 E
San Antonio, TX 78247
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 993 students
9401 Starcrest Dr
San Antonio, TX 78217
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 541 students
15415 Red Robin Rd
San Antonio, TX 78255
San AntonioGrades: PK-8 | 524 students
6900 West Avenue
San Antonio, TX 78213
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 1043 students
19202 Redland Road
San Antonio, TX 78259
I feel as though Keystone is clearly the best school in San Antonio if your focus is academics and getting the best experience possible for your child. Just take a look at almost any academic measure and you'll find Keystone at the top of that list in South Texas, Texas, and even the entire United States. I have watched my son flourish in this environment in ways that cannot be quantified. It truly feels like a big, nurturing family. The teachers, parents, administrators, staff, and students all seem to care and are motivated to achieve the best possible outcomes. When you put those things together, you get a culture that is frankly unrivaled in the region. The best academic decision I ever made for my son was sending him to Keystone. Their academic awards are outstanding and one walk through the halls seeing all the INTERNATIONAL science awards says all most parents need to know. They offer quality arts and sports programs as well. If you want your child to get a scholarship to play football, this may not be the best fit but... if you want your child to receive a full scholarship because of their research on quantum computing (Which actually happened this year!), then you can do no better.
- Posted by Parent - textodd
Wow! Every year the students at Keystone do the most amazing things - stuff that only happens once in a decade at other schools happens many times each year at Keystone: World Championships in WorldQuest; Science Fair grand prizes; Gold Key and Pegasus Poetry publications; the highest percentage of national merit recognized students in San Antonio (and maybe even all of Texas); the list goes on and on. These things reflect just how much the students are learning and accomplishing every day, and the teachers and culture at the School are just awesome!
- Posted by Parent - Brian
Keystone is such an amazing place! My son has been here for 2 years and has grown tremendously since enrolling at Keystone. The classes are small, the teachers are supportive and nurturing, and the curriculum is challenging and engaging for the students. A fantastic combination for a great school community. We are so happy with our Keystone experience!
- Posted by Parent - worml
This school is the most amazing school in Texas, and one of the best in the entire United States. Look into the statistics on student performance and you will be amazed: average SAT around 2100, average student score of 4.5 on an average of 8 AP tests, 50% or more National Merit commendations per year. These numbers are crazily impressive. Also, the school is close to 60% non Anglo.The school has a reputation for being a math science school. It is great in these subjects, but also in every other subject, including visual and performing arts and foreign languages. You have to visit to understand all that happens there, and to experience the culture that embraces learning more than anything else.
- Posted by Parent - megan