San Antonio Christian School
5.00 (8 reviews)
Tel: (210) 340-1864
- San Antonio Christian School (SACS) is a non-denominational Christian school serving students from Pre-K through 12th grade.
- Situated on more than 60 acres, the beautiful gated campus is located in North San Antonio.
- Established in 1972, SACS partners with families to provide students a Christ-centered education while fostering a life of faith and service.
- A college-preparatory school, SACS offers Honors, AP and Dual Credit courses in high school.
- A highly competitive and extensive athletic program is offered in both middle and high school divisions.
- The varsity program consists of 16 TAPPS affiliated varsity sport teams and has received district and state titles in multiple sports over the years.
- A number of fine arts offerings are available to students; a few include band, theatre, cinematography, and broadcast journalism.
- Before and After School Care available - see school website for details.
- San Antonio Christian School is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Accreditation Commission of the Texas Association of Baptist Schools. To learn more about SACS, please visit www.sachristian.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||899 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||90 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Physics, Honors Algebra II, Honors Art Portfolio (I, II, III, IV), Honors Biology, Honors Calculus, Honors Chemistry, Honors Economics, Honors English (9-10), Honors Geometry, Honors Latin (III,IV), Honors Physics I, Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Spanish IV, Honors World History (I,II)|
|Average SAT score||1148|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,952|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K - 5 half days $3864 Pre-K - 5 full days $7728; Kindergarten - full day $7728; Elementary (1-5) $8952; Middle School (6-8) $10152; High School (9-12) $11556|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Tracy Smith|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Rodriguez|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
4-H Program, Class Missions, Community Service Projects, Cyber Patriots, Debate Club, Latin Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Quill & Scroll, Robotics Program, Science Club, Spanish Club, Spanish Honor Society, Student Council, Student Government, Thespian Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Broadcast Journalism, Choir, Cinematography, Praise Band, Print Publications
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Antonio Grades: PK-12 | 241 students
975 Mission Springs
San Antonio, TX 78258
(210) 721-4700 3.3 PK-12
- San Antonio Grades: PK-12 | 987 students
9401 Starcrest Dr
San Antonio, TX 78217
(210) 483-9100 6.7 PK-12
Both of our girls graduated from SAC. The Christ-centered education gave them the foundation they needed and they were well equipped when they began their college studies.
- Posted by Parent - Alberta Taubert
San Antonio Christian is an amazing school. The faculty is very welcoming and makes you feel you are at home. This kids are able to have an open relationship with Christ and pursue athletic abilities joining sports and clubs beginning at 5th-12th. K-4th kids are able to join clubs and participate in smaller groups. SACS' is an amazing school!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Student
Our children attended SA Christian since elementary school. It is a strong academic school with the highest rankings from both public and private accreditations. The teachers and principals are loving and seek to partner with the parents to educate the students. Our oldest graduated 2 years ago and is doing very well in college (3.7 GPA). She is involved in extracurricular activities and SACS helped her prepare for the step to college both socially and academically. The athletic program is strong and competes with both private and public schools. They have a new ES athletic program coming along and high SAT scores in the HS. The school has a great family community that is unmatched in San Antonio.
- Posted by Parent - Arthur
I just love SACS. This is my daughters third year attending! We woudn't have it anyother way! So, worth the sacrafice to send your children to a private school.
- Posted by Parent - evett
both my children started for middle school. I was amazed at how smooth the transition words. There were lots of new kids that started from middle school, and you wouldn't know the difference by the first week. Such a welcoming group of kids, such a wonderful family environment. The academics are challenging, but that is what you want for your children! It definitely feels like a small Texas town for sure. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this school!!!
- Posted by Parent - Riley
San Antonio Christian is an amazing school. It offers an accelerated academic curriculum from Pre K through 12 grade. My child transferred to SACS her 5th grade year from Saint Mary's Hall because she was completely lacking any Christian exposure at St. Mary's Hall. At San Antonio Christian, Christian principals are taught and are intertwined into the curriculum. The teachers are great and the high morals and respect that is taught to the students can be seen in the respect the kids have for one another and teaching staff. I highly recommend San Antonio Christian Schools !!!!!
- Posted by Parent - samba
What a great community! Our oldest daughter graduated in 2012 and was extremely prepared for college, received numerous scholarships and is doing very well! Our youngest will graduate this year, so our time as SACS parents is coming to an end, but the memories and the experiences that we have had as a family, will never be forgotten. The environment is Christ-centered and somewhat like a small Texas town. Totally worth the "investment"!
- Posted by Parent - kelly
Fabulous school! My daughter went through K through 12 and did very well! We loved it!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Sl115
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.