San Antonio Christian School
5.00 (6 reviews)
- San Antonio Christian School (SACS) is a non-denominational Christian school serving students from Pre-K through 12th grade.
- Situated on more than 60 acres, the beautiful gated campus is located in North San Antonio.
- Established in 1972, SACS partners with families to provide students a Christ-centered education while fostering a life of faith and service.
- A college-preparatory school, SACS offers Honors, Pre-AP, AP and Dual Credit courses in high school.
- A highly competitive and extensive athletic program is offered in both middle and high school divisions.
- The varsity program consists of 16 TAPPS affiliated varsity sport teams and has received district and state titles in multiple sports over the years.
- A number of fine arts offerings are available to students; a few include band, theatre, cinematography, and broadcast journalism.
- Bus Services and Extended Day available - see school website for details.
- San Antonio Christian School is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Accreditation Commission of the Texas Association of Baptist Schools. To learn more about SACS, please visit sachristian.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1043 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||90 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English 11, AP English 12, AP Government, AP Physics, AP Spanish IV, Honors Algebra II, Honors Architecture (I, II, III, IV), Honors Art Portfolio (I, II, III, IV), Honors Biology, Honors Calculus, Honors Chemistry, Honors Economics, Honors Geometry, Honors Latin III, Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Spanish III, Honors World History, Pre-AP English 10, Pre-AP English 9|
|Average SAT score||1190|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,952|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K - 5 half days $3864 Pre-K - 5 full days $7728; Kindergarten - full day $7728; Elementary (1-5) $8952; Middle School (6-8) $10152; High School (9-12) $11556|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Rusty Sugg|
|Admissions Associate||Kelly Morlan|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band Program, Broadcast Journalism, Choir, Cinematography, Class Missions, Community Service Projects, Cyber Patriots, Debate Club, Latin Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Praise Band, Print Publications, Quill & Scroll, Robotics Program, Science Club, Spanish Club, Spanish Honor Society, Student Council, Student Government, Thespian Society Band Program, Choir, Cinematography, Class Missions, Cyber Patriots, Debate Club, Praise Band, Quill & Scroll, Science Club, Spanish Club, Broadcast Journalism,|
Community Service Projects,
Latin Honor Society,
National Art Honor Society,
National Honor Society,
Spanish Honor Society,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 1078 students
4802 Vance Jackson Road
San Antonio, TX 78230
- San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 245 students
975 Mission Springs
San Antonio, TX 78258
- San AntonioGrades: K-12 | 230 students
5401 N Loop 1604 E
San Antonio, TX 78247
- Universal CityGrades: PK-12 | 461 students
1401 Pat Booker Rd
Universal City, TX 78148
- San AntonioGrades: NS-12 | 450 students
2216 NW Military Hwy
San Antonio, TX 78213
Our children attended SA Christian since elementary school. It is a strong academic school with the highest rankings from both public and private accreditations. The teachers and principals are loving and seek to partner with the parents to educate the students. Our oldest graduated 2 years ago and is doing very well in college (3.7 GPA). She is involved in extracurricular activities and SACS helped her prepare for the step to college both socially and academically. The athletic program is strong and competes with both private and public schools. They have a new ES athletic program coming along and high SAT scores in the HS. The school has a great family community that is unmatched in San Antonio.
- Posted by Parent - Arthur
I just love SACS. This is my daughters third year attending! We woudn't have it anyother way! So, worth the sacrafice to send your children to a private school.
- Posted by Parent - evett
both my children started for middle school. I was amazed at how smooth the transition words. There were lots of new kids that started from middle school, and you wouldn't know the difference by the first week. Such a welcoming group of kids, such a wonderful family environment. The academics are challenging, but that is what you want for your children! It definitely feels like a small Texas town for sure. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this school!!!
- Posted by Parent - Riley
San Antonio Christian is an amazing school. It offers an accelerated academic curriculum from Pre K through 12 grade. My child transferred to SACS her 5th grade year from Saint Mary's Hall because she was completely lacking any Christian exposure at St. Mary's Hall. At San Antonio Christian, Christian principals are taught and are intertwined into the curriculum. The teachers are great and the high morals and respect that is taught to the students can be seen in the respect the kids have for one another and teaching staff. I highly recommend San Antonio Christian Schools !!!!!
- Posted by Parent - samba
Fabulous school! My daughter went through K through 12 and did very well! We loved it!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Sl115
What a great community! Our oldest daughter graduated in 2012 and was extremely prepared for college, received numerous scholarships and is doing very well! Our youngest will graduate this year, so our time as SACS parents is coming to an end, but the memories and the experiences that we have had as a family, will never be forgotten. The environment is Christ-centered and somewhat like a small Texas town. Totally worth the "investment"!
- Posted by Parent - kelly
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.