The Christian School at Castle Hills
- The Christian School at Castle Hills, historically Castle Hills First Baptist School, became an independent school January 2016 but the history of excellence beginning in 1981 carries on.
- At Castle Hills our pledge is to give every student the edge for success.
- We offer an academically rigorous college-prep curriculum and are focused on developing tomorrow's servant-leaders today.
- Our mission is to lead students, in partnership with families, to know Christ and make Christ known. Our Academy of Excellence and Leadership Development is a school within a school offering students the opportunity to learn leadership concepts and put them into practice as well as learning how to be a servant leader.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Slight learning differences|
|Total Students||450 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American History, Calculus, Engineering, English 11, English 12, Physics, Spanish|
|Average SAT score||1115|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms purchased at Parker Uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies depending on grade. Please visit our website.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Susan Covarrubia|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Miller|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Drama Club, National Honor Society, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Band, Choir, Private Music Lessons, Strings Program, Theatre
- STRONG COLLEGE PREPARATORY ACADEMICS taught by an excellent faculty degreed and certified in their individual field of study
- 85% of our graduates in 2017 received scholarships to college or university
- Six TAPPS State Championships in the past 4 years!
- Full Athletic Program - 2014 and 2015 2A Football State Champions
- Excellence in the Arts - 2016 2A and 2017 3A TAPPS State Champions in Art, 2017 Texas Private School Music Educator's Association (TPSMEA Eagle Choir Superior Ratings and TPSMEA 4-year All-State Choir Participant and Scholarship recipient, 2016 TAPPS One Act Play All-Star Cast Recognitions, 2014 1A State Champions in Choir and Band,
- Caring and loving faculty dedicated to developing students to be servant leaders for Jesus Christ
- Top-Rated Early Childhood, Pre Kindergarten, Kindergarten and Elementary Programs provide the academic and spiritual foundation for success
- Computer Technology, Art, Music, daily P.E. and Recess, Hot Lunch Program Available
- Affordable Tuition for Preschool, Kindergarten thru the 12th Grade
- State of the Art Facilities, Technology & Sports Complex
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 1043 students
19202 Redland Road
San Antonio, TX 78259
- San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 1078 students
4802 Vance Jackson Road
San Antonio, TX 78230
- San AntonioGrades: 9-12 | 150 students
12721 Mountain Air Suite 101
San Antonio, TX 78249
- BulverdeGrades: PK-12 | 254 students
670 Old Boerne Road
Bulverde, TX 78163
- San AntonioGrades: PK-5 | 81 students
2829 Hunters Green St.
San Antonio, TX 78231
Excellent teachers & staff who are very encouraging and want your child to succeed! I can't say enough good things about them in this little space! Leadership academy is an awesome bonus!!! Choir has been #'' 1 in state multiple years---sports are fantastic--fine arts fabulous--mission trips are beyond awesome, lots of sports & activities to choose from! Superintendant is very involved and loved by all! Highly recommend if you want your child in a nurturing, Christian school that teaches leadership and Christian values!
- Posted by Parent - Aknig
We have been at CHFBS for over four years, being first-hand recipients of their incredible focus on building firm, personal relationships with Christ and above-average academic foundations. The teachers are experts in their fields and impart a love of learning and exploring, even in courses my child doesn't think she should like! We love CHFBS and are so excited about our partnership with them in the education and development of our child.
- Posted by Parent - thesc
We made the switch from public to private school and are thrilled to be at Castle Hills! The teachers and administrators really care about the children's hearts and our daughter is thriving there. We are so thankful to be a part of such an awesome team!
- Posted by Parent - garde
Castle Hills is a top-notch, college prep, Christian school -- a true gem on the central, north side of San Antonio. Classes are small, the teachers are award-winning, the curriculum is rigorous. The school has about 525 students from preschool through the 12th grade, making it the perfect place for my kids to grow up! We love this school! My elementary child learned to read this year (thanks to an awesome teacher!) and my upper level student is making Straight As, although she is having to work really, really hard to get those grades. The students attend weekly chapel and daily Bible classes, so my kids are growing in their Christian faith. The school offers great arts programs and athletics. I would HIGHLY recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - spenc
Coming from public education, I have been enormously blessed to teach at the high school level here. The administrative team strives to make our jobs as simple and student-focused as they need to be. The students are wonderfully adept at thinking critically and encourage one another to excel in their studies. Since moving here, my wife and I have been pampered by the support of the parents and their families through gifts of their time, encouragement, and assistance in helping their students become successful.
- Posted by Teacher - cmadi
I have been at CHFBS since I was 18 months old. I am in the 9th grade and I love my school. I am challenged academically, I participate in Student Council, Drama Club, Choir, and shows. It is my second family.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mrsfr
Best all around school in San Antonio. Knowledgeable faculty that cares, strong academics with AP options, college prep and guidance services, great choir, band, and drama as well as a full option of athletics. Congratulations to the Varsity football team on winning the TAPPS Division II State Championship.
- Posted by Parent - scova
Excellent school to prepare students for college and life. We have been so pleased with the parental involvement throughout the grades as well as the open door policy of the administation and faculty. A real family feel which has helped our children thrive.
- Posted by Parent - cova1
I cannot say enough about the quality of education at CHFBS. There is a culture of academic excellence at this school which is grounded in a Christ-centered atmosphere. It can be felt from your first encounter with the administration, faculty, and/or students. My children have been enriched by their time here and will never attend any other school. CHFBS is the best! ''We are because HE is''
- Posted by Parent - mkrug
This school is a beacon to those that want to provide their children with a superior college prep education with the security of a safe. nurturing, respectful environment. Lifelong friendships are forged among parents and students. The Educators. Counselors, Administration are incredible. The curriculum preparatory, challenging yet supportive. Want to know what it feels like to drop your child off at school and know their lives will be enriched that day? This and much more await those who seek excellence!
- Posted by Parent - zfhue
Castle Hills First Baptist School is an awesome school. Every since I met the faculty and admininistration, both me and my family have been showered with love. My children have been attending for two years now and they are loving it. As a parent, I highly recommend this school to anyone who cares about their childrens educational and spiritual future as well. GREAT JOB CASTLE HILLS! Keep up the God work! And congratualtions Texas State Champs!
- Posted by Parent - faria
We have an amazing fine arts program at Castle Hills. The secondary choir students just finished their first performance of the Madrigal Dinner and it was fantastic. The singing was beautiful, the acting of the skit was hilarious, the meal was wonderful. The audience greatly enjoyed the students walking around the room in costume and greeting as well as the interaction during the skit. Earlier in the week the entire student body honored our Veterans with a moving Veterans'' Day program. If your student is looking for an excellent school for fine arts, Castle Hills is the place. Art, Drama, Choir, and Band are excellent and students will be encouraged in so many ways. Congratulations Castle Hills!
- Posted by Parent - scova
Excellent academic program, teachers and state of the art facilities. Award winning fine arts programs and great athletics. An absolutely amazing school with great families.
- Posted by Parent - susan
Great school. This is our third year at CHFBS with kids in 8th and 10th grade. The superintendant is an inspiring, energetic, godly man who loves the kids and has high expectations for the teachers. The teachers are high quality, christian men and women who desire success for the students. Lots of extracurricular acitivities available too. Sports, drama, robotics, choir, band, and many more!
- Posted by Parent - lschm
Castle Hills First Baptist School is a great place to go to school for Christian Education. As an Alumni, and now current employee growing up here for 18 years of my life was such a blessing. The teachers, curriculum, and the amazing facilities are just some of the great things about this school. I am blessed to be back where I went to school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - cgree