The Christian School at Castle Hills
5.00 (14 reviews)
Tel: (210) 878-1000
The Christian School at Castle Hills, historically Castle Hills First Baptist School, became an independent school January 2016 but the history of excellence beginning in 1981 carries on.
At Castle Hills our pledge is to give every student the edge for success.
We offer an academically rigorous college-prep curriculum and are focused on developing tomorrow's servant-leaders today.
Our mission is to lead students, in partnership with families, to know Christ and make Christ known. Our Academy of Excellence and Leadership Development is a school within a school offering students the opportunity to learn leadership concepts and put them into practice as well as learning how to be a servant leader.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Slight learning differences|
|Total Students||604 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American History, Calculus, English 11, English 12, Physics|
|Average SAT score||1150|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms purchased at Dennis Uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,400|
|Tuition Notes||Varies depending on grade. Please visit our website.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,400|
|Admissions Director||Susan Covarrubia|
|Admissions Associate||Carolyn Webb|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Drama Club, National Honor Society, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Band, Choir, Private Music Lessons, Strings Program, Theatre
- Dear Parents,
- Thank you for your interest in Castle Hills! We are an independent private Christian school whose mission is to "lead students to know Christ and make Christ known." As you consider bringing your children to our school, you will become part of a great legacy that now spans four generations. Today, we are experiencing our finest days in the Castle Hills story. Our best years are still before us for four key reasons.
- FIRST, God is working in the lives of our students. You will discover that we put Jesus in absolutely the center of everything we do on our campus. Students recognize the work of the Holy Spirit and begin to develop a biblical worldview and servant attitude.
- SECOND, the right people are standing at the front of the room. Certainly one of the greatest miracles God has accomplished here is simply in who God has led to serve on this world class faculty. More than our teachers` impressive credentials, advanced degrees and experience, what matters most is who they are in terms of their character, life example, and influence in students` lives. Our teachers` influence in students` lives is simply transformative.
- THIRD, we begin servant leadership training at the earliest ages. In Kindergarten, we begin "developing tomorrow`s leaders today." Castle Hills produces graduates who leave our school to lead in every area of culture, government, business, media, law, entrepreneurship, engineering, ministry and education. Leadership begins with focusing on the attitudes that all great leaders possess and value. High school students complete their education in a four-year program we call, The Leadership Academy. Leadership attitudes change the altitude and trajectory of a student`s life.
- FOURTH, excellence is an ongoing pursuit in every area of the life of the school. On average, 85% of our graduates have received academic scholarships for college. Our students have won seven state championships in athletics, art and academic competitions in the past five years. Ten other times (during that same period), our students have finished third in State or better, during the same period. We believe this happens because of the excellent mindset of the students. Paul said, "Approve the things that are excellent." Nothing less than excellence will do.
- YOU ARE INVITED to consider being a part of this family of believers in our quest to develop tomorrow`s servant leaders today!
- Michael Pinkston
- The Christian School at Castle Hills
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
We have been at CHFBS for over four years, being first-hand recipients of their incredible focus on building firm, personal relationships with Christ and above-average academic foundations. The teachers are experts in their fields and impart a love of learning and exploring, even in courses my child doesn't think she should like! We love CHFBS and are so excited about our partnership with them in the education and development of our child.
- Posted by Parent - thesc
Excellent teachers & staff who are very encouraging and want your child to succeed! I can't say enough good things about them in this little space! Leadership academy is an awesome bonus!!! Choir has been #'' 1 in state multiple years---sports are fantastic--fine arts fabulous--mission trips are beyond awesome, lots of sports & activities to choose from! Superintendant is very involved and loved by all! Highly recommend if you want your child in a nurturing, Christian school that teaches leadership and Christian values!
- Posted by Parent - Aknig
We made the switch from public to private school and are thrilled to be at Castle Hills! The teachers and administrators really care about the children's hearts and our daughter is thriving there. We are so thankful to be a part of such an awesome team!
- Posted by Parent - garde
Castle Hills is a top-notch, college prep, Christian school -- a true gem on the central, north side of San Antonio. Classes are small, the teachers are award-winning, the curriculum is rigorous. The school has about 525 students from preschool through the 12th grade, making it the perfect place for my kids to grow up! We love this school! My elementary child learned to read this year (thanks to an awesome teacher!) and my upper level student is making Straight As, although she is having to work really, really hard to get those grades. The students attend weekly chapel and daily Bible classes, so my kids are growing in their Christian faith. The school offers great arts programs and athletics. I would HIGHLY recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - spenc
Coming from public education, I have been enormously blessed to teach at the high school level here. The administrative team strives to make our jobs as simple and student-focused as they need to be. The students are wonderfully adept at thinking critically and encourage one another to excel in their studies. Since moving here, my wife and I have been pampered by the support of the parents and their families through gifts of their time, encouragement, and assistance in helping their students become successful.
- Posted by Teacher - cmadi
Castle Hills First Baptist School is an awesome school. Every since I met the faculty and admininistration, both me and my family have been showered with love. My children have been attending for two years now and they are loving it. As a parent, I highly recommend this school to anyone who cares about their childrens educational and spiritual future as well. GREAT JOB CASTLE HILLS! Keep up the God work! And congratualtions Texas State Champs!
- Posted by Parent - faria
I have been at CHFBS since I was 18 months old. I am in the 9th grade and I love my school. I am challenged academically, I participate in Student Council, Drama Club, Choir, and shows. It is my second family.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mrsfr
Best all around school in San Antonio. Knowledgeable faculty that cares, strong academics with AP options, college prep and guidance services, great choir, band, and drama as well as a full option of athletics. Congratulations to the Varsity football team on winning the TAPPS Division II State Championship.
- Posted by Parent - scova
Excellent school to prepare students for college and life. We have been so pleased with the parental involvement throughout the grades as well as the open door policy of the administation and faculty. A real family feel which has helped our children thrive.
- Posted by Parent - cova1
I cannot say enough about the quality of education at CHFBS. There is a culture of academic excellence at this school which is grounded in a Christ-centered atmosphere. It can be felt from your first encounter with the administration, faculty, and/or students. My children have been enriched by their time here and will never attend any other school. CHFBS is the best! ''We are because HE is''
- Posted by Parent - mkrug
This school is a beacon to those that want to provide their children with a superior college prep education with the security of a safe. nurturing, respectful environment. Lifelong friendships are forged among parents and students. The Educators. Counselors, Administration are incredible. The curriculum preparatory, challenging yet supportive. Want to know what it feels like to drop your child off at school and know their lives will be enriched that day? This and much more await those who seek excellence!
- Posted by Parent - zfhue
Great school. This is our third year at CHFBS with kids in 8th and 10th grade. The superintendant is an inspiring, energetic, godly man who loves the kids and has high expectations for the teachers. The teachers are high quality, christian men and women who desire success for the students. Lots of extracurricular acitivities available too. Sports, drama, robotics, choir, band, and many more!
- Posted by Parent - lschm
Castle Hills First Baptist School is a great place to go to school for Christian Education. As an Alumni, and now current employee growing up here for 18 years of my life was such a blessing. The teachers, curriculum, and the amazing facilities are just some of the great things about this school. I am blessed to be back where I went to school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - cgree
Excellent academic program, teachers and state of the art facilities. Award winning fine arts programs and great athletics. An absolutely amazing school with great families.
- Posted by Parent - susan
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.