St. George Episcopal School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (210) 342-4263
- St. George Episcopal School is an independent coeducational learning community of approximately 500 students age four through eighth grade.
- In continuous operation since 1954, St. George offers a vigorous preparatory program for students of high to exceptional ability, and our graduates continue to excel at top high schools across the city.
- Our school provides exceptional academic preparation in an inclusive Christian community that fosters love and respect for God, self, and others.
- St. George values an educational environment that offers a traditional and balanced curriculum, incorporates innovative learning activities within a structured setting, challenges and motivates students to learn, and prepares students for success in high school, college, and throughout their lives.
- St. George Episcopal School values an inclusive community that welcomes all races and creeds, provides for students with abilities ranging from above average to superior, and fosters open communication between all.
- St. George Episcopal School values a student-centered program that accommodates a variety of learning styles, encourages the development of leadership skills, supports and nurtures each person in the pursuit of individual goals, and recommends appropriate supplementary resources.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||527 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,900|
|Tuition Notes||Application fee is $60. Deposit: $1050 JK and SK Tuition: $9750-$10150 1st-5th Tuition: $10500-$10900 6th-8th Tuition: $11250-$11650|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Melissa Patterson|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Council, Choir, guitar, M.S. Beta Club, M.S. Musical, Music Lessons i.e.: piano, violin|
Club or Organization:
5th Grade Ambassadors, Scouts
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Sports Enrichments and Clinics
- The Admissions Committee of St. George School seeks students who will thrive in a community of active learners and kind friends. We are looking for junior and senior kindergarten candidates with age appropriate readiness skills and good social skills. Grades 1-8 should have a strong academic history as well as good behavior marks. All applicants will go through a grade related assessment.
- St. George Episcopal school admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Antonio Grades: PK-12 | 241 students
975 Mission Springs
San Antonio, TX 78258
(210) 721-4700 9.6 PK-12
- San Antonio Grades: PK-12 | 987 students
9401 Starcrest Dr
San Antonio, TX 78217
(210) 483-9100 6 PK-12
A fantastic inclusive community that has really prepared my children both academically and spiritually. I've graduated one middle schooler who started in the lower school and is now at one of the top private schools in San Antonio, and I have a current middle schooler who is thriving and is challenged every day. The community is welcoming and warm. The academics are top notch, the innovation by the administration shows that technology can be thoroughly implemented without overwhelming students, and the involvement of the church in their every day lives simply helps my children to be better well rounded people.
- Posted by Parent - Lindsay Blanton
Love St. George for academic excellence and values based student development. Faculty of lower and middle schools are exceptional and phenomenally dedicated to comprehensive students' advancement.
- Posted by Parent - S. Puri
St George has exceptional teachers!!! The campus is beautiful, and the curriculum is challenging!
- Posted by Parent - Mrs Smith
We have been so pleased with the inspiration and interest in learning which has been encouraged and fostered in our daughter at St. George! The school environment is appropriately challenging and every teacher thus far has inspired a sense of achievement and curious exploration. We are grateful for the environment!
- Posted by Parent - landr
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.