St. George Episcopal School
5.00 (1 review)
The annual St. George Episcopal School Chain of Love. Check it out on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff0A4x13wcg .
The annual St. George Episcopal School Battle of Flowers 2nd Grade Float, The Little Old Lady in the Shoe.
- St. George Episcopal School is an independent coeducational learning community of approximately 500 students age four through eighth grade.
- In continuous operation since 1954, St. George offers a vigorous preparatory program for students of high to exceptional ability, and our graduates continue to excel at top high schools across the city.
- Our school provides exceptional academic preparation in an inclusive Christian community that fosters love and respect for God, self, and others.
- St. George values an educational environment that offers a traditional and balanced curriculum, incorporates innovative learning activities within a structured setting, challenges and motivates students to learn, and prepares students for success in high school, college, and throughout their lives.
- St. George Episcopal School values an inclusive community that welcomes all races and creeds, provides for students with abilities ranging from above average to superior, and fosters open communication between all.
- St. George Episcopal School values a student-centered program that accommodates a variety of learning styles, encourages the development of leadership skills, supports and nurtures each person in the pursuit of individual goals, and recommends appropriate supplementary resources.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||524 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,200|
|Tuition Notes||Application fee is $60. Tuition is $9650, facility fee is $500, PTO fee is $50 totaling $10,200. This cost covers deposit, curriculum, school supplies and field trips.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Melissa Patterson|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||5th Grade Leadership, Art Council, cello, Chess Club, Choir, etc., guitar, M.S. Beta Club, M.S. Musical, Music Lessons i.e.: piano, violin Art Council, cello, Chess Club, Choir, etc., guitar, M.S. Beta Club, M.S. Musical, violin, 5th Grade Leadership,
Music Lessons i.e.: piano,
- The Admissions Committee of St. George School seeks students who will thrive in a community of active learners and kind friends. We are looking for junior and senior kindergarten candidates with age appropriate readiness skills and good social skills. Grades 1-8 should have a strong academic history as well as good behavior marks. All applicants will go through a grade related assessment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San AntonioGrades: PK-8 | 328 students
17722 Rogers Ranch Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78258
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 541 students
15415 Red Robin Rd
San Antonio, TX 78255
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 437 students
119 E Craig Place
San Antonio, TX 78212
San AntonioGrades: PK-8 | 401 students
16801 Huebner Rd
San Antonio, TX 78258
San AntonioGrades: PK-8 | 338 students
6914 Wurzbach Rd
San Antonio, TX 78240
We have been so pleased with the inspiration and interest in learning which has been encouraged and fostered in our daughter at St. George! The school environment is appropriately challenging and every teacher thus far has inspired a sense of achievement and curious exploration. We are grateful for the environment!
- Posted by Parent - landr
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017