- It is my privilege to welcome you to the Buckner Fanning School at Mission Springs (BFSMS) where we are committed to an exemplary Christian and academic education.
- BFSMS is a fully accredited school and we are also a visitation Core Knowledge school.
- Core Knowledge is a very rich and exciting curriculum that gives teachers the opportunity to immerse students in a body of knowledge that will enrich their lives both now and in the future.
- One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I believe that many great days await those of us who are blessed to be a part of this school.
- I am excited to be on this journey with each of you as we experience God's plan for us individually and collectively. Sharon Newman, Head of School.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,750|
|Tuition Notes||$7,950 - pre-kinder (4Day) $8,950 - Pre-Kinder (5Day) $8,950 - Kinder - 8th $8,950 - 9th - 12th $8,950 - middle school|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Griselda Reyna|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chess, Dance, Drama, Golf, Legos, Piano, Robotics, Sport Ball, Strings Art, Chess, Dance, Drama, Golf, Legos, Piano, Robotics, Sport Ball, Strings,|
- The Buckner Fanning School at Mission Springs is dedicated to educating children in an nondenominational Christian environment that extends the unconditional love and grace of God while providing an exemplary educational experience.
- Promoting a lifetime desire for learning, the school will equip the future men and women of the 21st Century with the tools necessary to help them shape and better the world in which they live.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 1043 students
19202 Redland Road
San Antonio, TX 78259
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 1078 students
4802 Vance Jackson Road
San Antonio, TX 78230
San AntonioGrades: K-12 | 230 students
5401 N Loop 1604 E
San Antonio, TX 78247
San AntonioGrades: PK-8 | 385 students
16801 Huebner Rd
San Antonio, TX 78258
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 993 students
9401 Starcrest Dr
San Antonio, TX 78217