Central Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Central Christian Academy Photo #4 - Teachers have flexible seating to allow students to work any where and any way they are most comfortable.
Central Christian Academy Photo #6 - CCA has a media center equipped with eighteen computer stations and thousands of books.
Central Christian Academy Photo #7 - Every child in kindergarten through 6th grade receives a tablet.
- Where Home, Church, and School Work Together. The mission of Central Christian Academy is provide an education that will equip students with the knowledge and experiences they need to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and grow in the fruit of the Spirit within their home, church, and school. Our Vision is to develop each student into an effective Christian through the planting of God's Word in humble hearts.
- To assist them at stemming intergrity, fostering relationships, and sprouting knowledge. To become transformed into fruit bearing vessels.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||NILD and tutoring|
|Total Students||101 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Neat, Non-Offensive Clothing, Closed Toed Shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $5900 to $6000. Please see our website for updates on tuition and fees.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Amber Smith|
|Admissions Associate||Dawn Stephens|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, CheeringBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
- Interactive white boards in each classroom
- Tablet devices to all student K-6th
- Biblical based curriculum integrating state objectives
- Project Based Learning
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- NILD Cognitive and behavioral therapy for students with special needs
- Extended Care 6:30am-6:00pm
- Nutritional, school-cooked lunches
- Small class size
- and much more
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portsmouth Grades: PK-12 | 616 students
3214 Elliott Ave
Portsmouth, VA 23702
(757)393-0725 2.8 PK-12
- Portsmouth Grades: PK-5 | 148 students
3300 Cedar Lane
Portsmouth, VA 23703
(757)484-6776 2.6 PK-5
- Chesapeake Grades: PK-12 | 640 students
311 Kempsville Rd
Chesapeake, VA 23320
(757)547-9595 10.4 PK-12
Worth every penny!! My son has always done excellent in school but was never really enthusiastic about doing the work. He has attened both public and private schools(including CCA a few years ago) and always made honor roll. Last year was the best school year we ever had. The students are taught how to problem solve not just to memorize the answers. They have fun while learning!! The principal is very involved and addresses problems to make for a positive environment. CCA guides families to have strength in God and church!
- Posted by Parent - dawns
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.