Portsmouth Catholic Regional School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Portsmouth Catholic Regional School exists as a part of the Church's educational mission to provide quality Catholic education, to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ and to foster the growth of Christian values through the home, school, parish and community. This mission promotes the development of the whole child: spiritual, moral, intellectual, social, and physical, from Pre-K through Eighth Grade.
- We believe that each person has a right to develop his or her unique gifts in an educational center which recognizes the innate dignity and diversity of all persons in Christ.
- The philosophy of Portsmouth Catholic Regional School is to assist parents in the faith formation and development of their children by providing a diversified educational program, which recognizes and values the uniqueness of our students and strives for academic excellence.
- The teachings of Catholic doctrine and the integration of faith into everyday life are the core of our curriculum; creating a strong Christian community among students, parents and staff, where children are nurtured and challenged to achieve their full potential in the faith community; and encouraging the students and parents to become involved in the liturgies, sacraments, activities, and service projects offered by our parishes and school who serve our community locally and globally.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Contact school for varying tuition rates based on parish affiliation, number of children and etc.|
|Admissions Director||Contact school's office|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Golf, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama, Forensics, Girl, Grafix, Music:, Published|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portsmouth Grades: PK-8 | 125 students
447 Court St
Portsmouth, VA 23704
(757)393-2312 3.2 PK-8
- Portsmouth Grades: PK-12 | 623 students
3214 Elliott Ave
Portsmouth, VA 23702
(757)393-0725 1 PK-12
- Portsmouth Grades: PK-3 | 49 students
2714 Frederick Blvd
Portsmouth, VA 23704
(757)399-7176 1.7 PK-3
- Monroe City Grades: PK-8 | 181 students
620 S Main St
Monroe City, MO 63456
(573)735-2422 856.1 PK-8
Wonderful school with the feel of a loving extended family. My kids are challenged academically and are excited to go to school each day. The teachers are amazing and supportive of each child's unique needs. The children are kind to each other and no one feels excluded. I highly recommend PCRS!
- Posted by Parent - tiftt
Absolutely Awesome school. A very family oriented atmosphere and have been very pleased with my daughters progress! I would recommend PCRS to anyone looking for Quality Education, Certified Teachers and a loving environment.
- Posted by Parent - karyn
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.