Montessori Preparatory School
5.00 (1 review)
- Montessori Preparatory School has been offering the highest-quality education to children in the community.
- Through the years we have stayed committed to providing your child with a safe, loving, and caring environment that meets their unique needs.
- School provides your children an education using the Montessori Education program that is for 2, 3, 4, and 5-year olds.
- This program includes art, Chinese, yoga, and many other fun classes.
- In addition, we also offer a separate music program, the Kindermusik.
- At our school your child participates in a wide variety of activities and programs.
- These programs use various materials that are designed to help your child develop concentration, coordination, work habits, and independence.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chesapeake Grades: NS | 40 students
4249 Taylor Road
Chesapeake, VA 23321
(757)484-8783 1.8 NS
- Norfolk Grades: PK-8 | 124 students
610 Mowbray Arch
Norfolk, VA 23507
(757)622-8174 4.7 PK-8
- Portsmouth Grades: PK-12 | 623 students
3214 Elliott Ave
Portsmouth, VA 23702
(757)393-0725 3.5 PK-12
- Portsmouth Grades: PK-K | 75 students
21 Mohican Dr
Portsmouth, VA 23701
(757)488-6174 2.7 PK-K
- Norfolk Grades: PK-12 | 176 students
2331 E Little Crk Rd
Norfolk, VA 23518
(757)583-9730 9.9 PK-12
I would not have my child in any other school. Mrs Jennings has over 30 years experience with the Montessori method and all of the teachers are so kind and dedicated to the children. This school has my highest recommendation.
- Posted by Parent - Ekevi
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.