- Montessori Preparatory School has been offering the highest-quality education to children in the community.
- Through the years we have stayed committed to providing your child with a safe, loving, and caring environment that meets their unique needs.
- School provides your children an education using the Montessori Education program that is for 2, 3, 4, and 5-year olds.
- This program includes art, Chinese, yoga, and many other fun classes.
- In addition, we also offer a separate music program, the Kindermusik.
- At our school your child participates in a wide variety of activities and programs.
- These programs use various materials that are designed to help your child develop concentration, coordination, work habits, and independence.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NorfolkGrades: PK-8 | 160 students
610 Mowbray Arch
Norfolk, VA 23507
ChesapeakeGrades: PK-KG | 40 students
4249 Taylor Road
Chesapeake, VA 23321
7800 Halprin Dr
Norfolk, VA 23518
NorfolkGrades: PK-12 | 176 students
2331 E Little Crk Rd
Norfolk, VA 23518
PortsmouthGrades: PK-6 | 117 students
1200 Hodges Ferry Road
Portsmouth, VA 23701
I would not have my child in any other school. Mrs Jennings has over 30 years experience with the Montessori method and all of the teachers are so kind and dedicated to the children. This school has my highest recommendation.
- Posted by Parent - Ekevi
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.