Montessori Preparatory School
5.00 (1 review)
- Montessori Preparatory School has been offering the highest-quality education to children in the community.
- Through the years we have stayed committed to providing your child with a safe, loving, and caring environment that meets their unique needs.
- School provides your children an education using the Montessori Education program that is for 2, 3, 4, and 5-year olds.
- This program includes art, Chinese, yoga, and many other fun classes.
- In addition, we also offer a separate music program, the Kindermusik.
- At our school your child participates in a wide variety of activities and programs.
- These programs use various materials that are designed to help your child develop concentration, coordination, work habits, and independence.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NorfolkGrades: PK-8 | 160 students
610 Mowbray Arch
Norfolk, VA 23507
ChesapeakeGrades: PK-KG | 40 students
4249 Taylor Road
Chesapeake, VA 23321
PortsmouthGrades: K | 71 students
21 Mohican Dr
Portsmouth, VA 23701
NorfolkGrades: PK-3 | 56 students
4200 Granby St
Norfolk, VA 23504
NorfolkGrades: PK-12 | 722 students
255 Thole St
Norfolk, VA 23505
I would not have my child in any other school. Mrs Jennings has over 30 years experience with the Montessori method and all of the teachers are so kind and dedicated to the children. This school has my highest recommendation.
- Posted by Parent - Ekevi
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017