Churchland Country Day School
- On June 1, 1979 we opened the doors to Churchland country Day School as one of the first private, locally-owned and state licensed Centers in the Churchland-Western Branch area of Chesapeake, Virginia.
- The school expanded to accommodate the needs of children ages 2 - 10 years.
- The 4 acre mini campus provided a wonderful place for these children.
- The school-age children from kindergarten through fifth grade enjoyed our Before and After School classes during the school year and a full time Summer Camp program.
- The CCDS Kindergarten class in the morning thrived using the J. B. Lippincott Beginning to Read, Write and Listen, a comprehensive reading-language arts program, and the HBJ Mathematics Unlimited curriculum.
- CCDS has proved to be an idyllic place for children.
- They love the sense of space on our three-acre mini campus and thrive under the guidance of our dedicated and excellent early childhood staff.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portsmouth Grades: PK-8 | 125 students
447 Court St
Portsmouth, VA 23704
(757)393-2312 6.2 PK-8
- Portsmouth Grades: PK-12 | 623 students
3214 Elliott Ave
Portsmouth, VA 23702
(757)393-0725 5 PK-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.