Charles F Hayden School- Boys & Girls Village
- Boys & Girls Village is a not-for-profit agency serves at-risk children and families in Connecticut.
- Our Mission has remained much the same through the years since our founding in 1942 as the original "Boys Village." Yes, a lot has changed in our society and world since the dark days of World War II on a then-rural western New Haven County farm in Milford where we began.
- Today, Boys & Girls Village is a 3 not-for-profit agency licensed by the Connecticut Department of Children and Families for our residential and therapeutic treatment components, and by the Connecticut Department of Education for our Day School for children with special educational needs.
- Referrals are received from DCF, managed care companies and from public school systems.
- The clients of Boys & Girls Village are children in crisis or children with learning difficulties who have experienced rejection, failure or abuse.
- Through the years, the agency has evolved into a leading therapeutic and learning facility offering residential shelter, clinical, after-school, counseling, special educational, foster & adoptive programs, family support services, and day programs for children and their families.
- The agency is funded by DCF and other state sources, insurers under managed care contracts, local communities and school systems, and by voluntary contributions from individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Boys & Girls Village serves children and families throughout Connecticut from our main campus in Milford, Connecticut, and through community offices located in Bridgeport and Waterbury.
- Boys & Girls Village offers a continuum of programs for boys, girls and their families.
- These services provide the most intensive intervention and care in the least restrictive environments - in the home and community.
- Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, as well as other community providers.
- We at Boys & Girls Village are committed to improving the future of our children, while helping families and communities to grow and thrive.
- By healing the wounds of today, we are creating a better world for tomorrow.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Homes for Sale
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.