Charles F Hayden School- Boys & Girls Village
Tel: (203) 877-0300
- Boys & Girls Village is a not-for-profit agency serves at-risk children and families in Connecticut.
- Our Mission has remained much the same through the years since our founding in 1942 as the original "Boys Village." Yes, a lot has changed in our society and world since the dark days of World War II on a then-rural western New Haven County farm in Milford where we began.
- Today, Boys & Girls Village is a 3 not-for-profit agency licensed by the Connecticut Department of Children and Families for our residential and therapeutic treatment components, and by the Connecticut Department of Education for our Day School for children with special educational needs.
- Referrals are received from DCF, managed care companies and from public school systems.
- The clients of Boys & Girls Village are children in crisis or children with learning difficulties who have experienced rejection, failure or abuse.
- Through the years, the agency has evolved into a leading therapeutic and learning facility offering residential shelter, clinical, after-school, counseling, special educational, foster & adoptive programs, family support services, and day programs for children and their families.
- The agency is funded by DCF and other state sources, insurers under managed care contracts, local communities and school systems, and by voluntary contributions from individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Boys & Girls Village serves children and families throughout Connecticut from our main campus in Milford, Connecticut, and through community offices located in Bridgeport and Waterbury.
- Boys & Girls Village offers a continuum of programs for boys, girls and their families.
- These services provide the most intensive intervention and care in the least restrictive environments - in the home and community.
- Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, as well as other community providers.
- We at Boys & Girls Village are committed to improving the future of our children, while helping families and communities to grow and thrive.
- By healing the wounds of today, we are creating a better world for tomorrow.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milford Grades: 2-12 | 14 students
597 Naugatuck Avenue
Milford, CT 06461
(203) 876-0864 3.4 2-12
- Cheshire Grades: 2-8 | 29 students
725 Jarvis St
Cheshire, CT 06410
(203) 272-8395 21.4 2-8
- Fairfield Grades: PK-9 | 252 students
2970 Bronson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
(203) 259-2723 12.4 PK-9
- Hamden Grades: 2-12 | 63 students
1400 Whitney Ave
Hamden, CT 06517
(203) 248-2116 11 2-12
- Orange Grades: 2-11 | 29 students
719 Derby Milford Rd
Orange, CT 06477
(203) 795-6075 3 2-11
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.