Charlotte Mason Community School
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 92 students
- Yearly Tuition: $7,900
- Acceptance rate: 99%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- that relationships are the foundation of education (Small Class Sizes)
- that the pursuit of knowledge should be natural, compelling, and enjoyable (Philosophy of Learning)
- that in a nurturing environment any child can reach their potential (Environment)
- that a diverse environment and the implementation of restorative practices foster empathy for all people (Value of Diversity)
- that it`s better for everyone when everyone belongs (Embracing Differences)
Charlotte Mason, a British educator, viewed education as a science of relationships: relationships to God, to man (including ourselves) and to the world.The curriculum offered at CMCS encourages children to develop relationships with the world around them through numerous hands-on experiences.
Ms. Mason's methods call for using great literature as a means of putting children in touch with great minds and fine and performing arts to cultivate creativity and an appreciation for the diversity of artistic contribution in the world.
Outdoor play and nature study are part of the curriculum, both of which have been proven to enhance educational success.
Our goal is make phenomenal growth possible for every Detroit student that comes through our door, helping them to reach their full and unique potential.
Endorse Charlotte Mason Community School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards