Charlotte Mason Community School
Tel: (313) 338-3481
Charlotte Mason Community School Photo #2 - The Spirit of Alexandria Foundation generously funded the Nature Bus to come to CMCS and teach the students about birds and nature!
- Charlotte Mason believed that education is a science of relationships: relationships to God, to man (including ourselves) and to the world.
- The curriculum offered at CMCS (Formerly Ambleside Community School) encourages children to develop relationships with the world around them through numerous hands-on experiences.
- Ms. Mason's methods call for using great literature as a means of putting children in touch with great minds and fine and performing arts to cultivate creativity and an appreciation for the diversity of artistic contribution in the world.
- Outdoor play and nature study are part of the curriculum, both of which have been proven to enhance educational success.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||92 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition adjustment based on financial need.|
National avg.: 85%
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Detroit Grades: 5-8 | 82 students
2020 Fourteenth St
Detroit, MI 48216
(313) 961-6773 6.5 5-8
- Redford Grades: PK-12 | 111 students
Redford, MI 48239
(313) 255-5760 8.6 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.