- Cherry Gulch is a ranch style therapeutic boarding school designed specifically for 10 to 14 year old boys. Some of our boys turn 15 while with us.
- We are located on over 200 acres of beautiful land outside of Boise Idaho.
- Our services are appropriate for boys with various difficulties including oppositional-defiance, ADHD, learning differences, low self-esteem, poor motivation, anger, family conflict, adoption, anxiety, depression and other behavioral and emotional problems.
- Every experience is educational and therapeutic in a fun purposeful environment.
- We strive to offer the most effective therapeutic strategies into daily life.
- We offer at 10-15 hours of scheduled therapeutic services a week but much more therapy takes place as life unfolds as therapeutic moments arise.
- Our goal is to provide early intervention and prevention to help these boys reach their full potential and to become well-rounded pro-social young men.
- We are dedicated to providing outstanding academic and therapeutic services to students and their families in the context of a safe, supportive environment.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-10|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dsylexia, Dysgraphia, NVLD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||4 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,400|
|Tuition Notes||All inclusive for room and board, school, psychiatry, individual and family therapy, OT, Rec therapy, Equine assisted pyscho therapy|
|Admissions Director||Krista Zimmerman|
- Menu of Services:
- Yale's RULER approach for emotional literacy
- Harvards Digital Literacy Program
- The Hero's Journey
- Executive Functioning for Teens
- Self Regulation with Electronins
- Brain Health and Choosing the Right Food
- Drug Abuse Prevention and Intervention
- Michelle Garcia Winner's Social Thinking
- Greenleaf Institute's Servant Leadership
- Sean Covey's The Seven habits of Highly Effective Teens
- Arbinger Institutes The Anatomy of Peace and Core in Families
- Anasazi's The Seven Paths
- Carol Dwek's Mindset
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Garden Valley Grades: 7-12 | 36 students
25 Miracle Lane
Garden Valley, ID 83622
(360)690-8495 39.3 7-12
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.