- Cherry Gulch is a ranch style therapeutic boarding school designed specifically for 10 to 14 year old boys. Some of our boys turn 15 while with us.
- We are located on over 200 acres of beautiful land outside of Boise Idaho.
- Our services are appropriate for boys with various difficulties including oppositional-defiance, ADHD, learning differences, low self-esteem, poor motivation, anger, family conflict, adoption, anxiety, depression and other behavioral and emotional problems.
- Every experience is educational and therapeutic in a fun purposeful environment.
- We strive to offer the most effective therapeutic strategies into daily life.
- We offer at 10-15 hours of scheduled therapeutic services a week but much more therapy takes place as life unfolds as therapeutic moments arise.
- Our goal is to provide early intervention and prevention to help these boys reach their full potential and to become well-rounded pro-social young men.
- We are dedicated to providing outstanding academic and therapeutic services to students and their families in the context of a safe, supportive environment.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-10|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dsylexia, Dysgraphia, NVLD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||4 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,400|
|Tuition Notes||All inclusive for room and board, school, psychiatry, individual and family therapy, OT, Rec therapy, Equine assisted pyscho therapy|
|Admissions Director||Krista Zimmerman|
- Menu of Services:
- Yale's RULER approach for emotional literacy
- Harvards Digital Literacy Program
- The Hero's Journey
- Executive Functioning for Teens
- Self Regulation with Electronins
- Brain Health and Choosing the Right Food
- Drug Abuse Prevention and Intervention
- Michelle Garcia Winner's Social Thinking
- Greenleaf Institute's Servant Leadership
- Sean Covey's The Seven habits of Highly Effective Teens
- Arbinger Institutes The Anatomy of Peace and Core in Families
- Anasazi's The Seven Paths
- Carol Dwek's Mindset
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Garden Valley Grades: 7-12 | 36 students
25 Miracle Lane
Garden Valley, ID 83622
(360)690-8495 39.3 7-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.