- Recognized as one of the nation's top college preparatory schools, McCallie was founded in 1905 and is located on the western slope of Missionary Ridge in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- It is an all-boys school with boarding students in grades 9 through 12 and day students in grades 6 through 12.
- The McCallie School's mission is to prepare its students for college and for life.
- The school is dedicated to the academic, physical, spiritual, and emotional growth of boys.
- It seeks to inspire and motivate them to pursue excellence and take pride in one's work and achievements; to lead lives of personal honor; to be responsible in family and personal relationships; and to manifest concern for the welfare of others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||889 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||99 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Boarding Tuition is 36,850Day Tuition is 17,950|
|Admissions Director||Troy Kemp|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Lacrosse, Rock Climbing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Wrestling,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ChattanoogaGrades: PK-12 | 85 students
4601 North Ter
Chattanooga, TN 37411
- ChattanoogaGrades: PK-8 | 168 students
800 Belvoir Ave
Chattanooga, TN 37412
- ChattanoogaGrades: 9-12 | 417 students
2701 Vermont Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37404
- ClevelandGrades: PK-12 | 218 students
4995 N Lee Highway
Cleveland, TN 37312
This school is amazing. It features an all-you-can eat buffet lunch and optional breakfast and dinner. Although expensive, its academics and athletics are one of a kind.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - S Brown
Mccallie School is truly excellent for highly-qualified students. It provides them with a tough curriculum and a high amount of pressure to do well. For students that are average, or, God help them, below average, Mccallie is not ideal. Mccallie, like many other top private schools, is a mile run. Students are either fit enough to start the race and end up fitter and better, or they cramp halfway through, try every coping mechanism from marijuana and giving up to cocaine and insomnia, and burn out before arriving at their parent's household, shamefaced, and ready for public schooling. As a student, I highly, highly recommend Mccallie school to determined, competitive, and tough kids who can make it. For the bottom 75%, it isn't worth the money and may not benefit them at all.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - gdodd