Notre Dame High School
Tel: (423) 624-4618
- Notre Dame is a Catholic high school welcoming all faiths.
- Our mission is to share the Catholic faith in an environment which fosters spiritual growth and academic excellence and embraces religious, academic, cultural and economic diversity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||410 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Laura Goodhard|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Concert Band, Democracy Club, Dodgeball Club, Drama, Emeralds Winter Dance Team, Environmental Club, Green & Gold Ambassadors, Honor Council, Irish Charms Dance Team, Irish Echoes (yearbook), Jazz Band, Mock Trial, Mu Alpha Theta, Music Ministry, National BETA Club, National Honor Society, Paddle Badminton Club, Pep Band, Percussion Band, Ping Pong Club, SEARCH, STARS, Student Leadership Council, Toss Up/Quiz Bowl, Walking Club, Yoga Club|
- Notre Dame`s teaching philosophy is that students develop their intellectual gifts differently, that each one has a unique way of learning, and that the effective school responds accordingly. We offer academic programs that include college preparatory, honors, advanced placement and dual-enrollment (college credit) studies. Students participate in four years of guidance focused on self-discovery and the development of individual interests and abilities toward career awareness and college placement.With a mission of developing young people into mature students and men and women of integrity, Notre Dame is also committed to seeing that students experience the full range of opportunity in life. Campus clubs, leadership organizations and athletic teams provide ready access to activities that enrich life and learning. More than half of our students participate in at least one of our athletic teams. Students, faculty and staff contribute 15,ooo hours of service annually to local community concerns. Our focus is on providing a rounded high school experience without undue pressure, based in study and balanced with sports, the arts, campus and community service, and social activities.Consistent with our mission, Notre Dame strives for a diverse student body that reflects the community we serve. We encourage and welcome qualified applicants of all races, religions and national origins. Days at Notre Dame open and close with student-led prayer. Personal and spiritual growth are encouraged and nourished through a four-year program of theology studies that allow students to examine social justice issues and the histories and beliefs of the world`s major religions. Our safe-choice education and prevention programs are designed to support students as well as their families. Our campus ministry is active throughout the year, and our school calendar includes daily Mass, class retreats and SEARCH weekends.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chattanooga Grades: PK-12 | 977 students
4650 Buccaneer Trail
Chattanooga, TN 37411
(423) 622-6177 2.6 PK-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.