Chestnut Children's Center
- Chestnut Children's Center was founded by Executive Director Lauren Petrini Hentschel in 1995.
- Lauren is supported by an outstanding staff of childhood education professionals whose childcare responsibilities are embellished by their love of children and commitment to learning.
- We address the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of children through a curriculum-based program of age-appropriate learning and play.
- Whether in group activities, quiet time, active play or on field trips, our goal is to build each child's self-esteem while laying the groundwork for their ongoing education.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||155 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Needham Grades: PK-5 | 424 students
90 Pickering St
Needham, MA 02492
(781)444-4459 0.5 PK-5
- Needham Grades: NS-PK
1000 Highland Ave
Needham, MA 02494
(781)449-0774 1 NS-PK
- Needham Grades: PK-K | 21 students
754 Greendale Ave
Needham, MA 02492
(781)444-3058 1.7 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.