Child Development Center at Seton Hill University
Tel: (724) 838-4258
- Seton Hill University`s Child Development Center is a preschool for children ages three to five.
- Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, the Center is under the direction of Seton Hill's Division of Education. Located on Seton Hill's main hilltop campus in Greensburg, Pa., the Child Development Center provides Seton Hill Education Program students the opportunity to observe, work and learn in an accredited early childhood environment.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||80 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- As a part of Seton Hill University, our children are provided a unique variety of educational and cultural experiences with various members of our academic community. As a result, your child may learn to sing a song in Spanish, observe a chemistry experiment, or attend a puppet show performed by University students. Just about all of our assistant teachers are education majors. They are immersed in their professional development while being taught the current best practices in early education.
- Our program implements a thematic, integrated and developmentally appropriate curriculum that supports the principles of the PA Early Learning Standards with sensitivity to the environment, cultural and individual needs of our children and families. Our students learn invaluable social skills and get an educational jump-start through a curriculum that includes science, art, math, language arts, and music and movement. In addition, we meet children at their personal skill and ability levels to provide everyone the opportunity to succeed. Find out more today!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.