Child Development Center at Seton Hill University
Seton Hill University`s Child Development Center is a preschool for children ages three to five.
Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, the Center is under the direction of Seton Hill's Division of Education. Located on Seton Hill's main hilltop campus in Greensburg, Pa., the Child Development Center provides Seton Hill Education Program students the opportunity to observe, work and learn in an accredited early childhood environment.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool
- Enrollment: 80 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- As a part of Seton Hill University, our children are provided a unique variety of educational and cultural experiences with various members of our academic community. As a result, your child may learn to sing a song in Spanish, observe a chemistry experiment, or attend a puppet show performed by University students. Just about all of our assistant teachers are education majors. They are immersed in their professional development while being taught the current best practices in early education.
- Our program implements a thematic, integrated and developmentally appropriate curriculum that supports the principles of the PA Early Learning Standards with sensitivity to the environment, cultural and individual needs of our children and families. Our students learn invaluable social skills and get an educational jump-start through a curriculum that includes science, art, math, language arts, and music and movement. In addition, we meet children at their personal skill and ability levels to provide everyone the opportunity to succeed. Find out more today!
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Child Development Center at Seton Hill University?
The application deadline for Child Development Center at Seton Hill University is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Child Development Center at Seton Hill University. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.