Child Nursery Centers
- Founded in 1897, Child Nursery Centers is recognized as a leader in early care and education.
- CNC has the capacity to serve up to 700 children with high quality, comprehensive programs in 30 sites including licensed centers, homes, and schools.
- Our full-day, full- year, and before and after school programs are available to children ages 0-14.
- The Child Nursery Centers is a not for profit where more than one third of our children participate in the Colorado Child Care Assistance Program, which provides financial assistance to families living at or below 185% of poverty.
- Over 65% of the children we serve are from single parent households, primarily women, who are working or going to school.
- Tuition costs are determined using a sliding scale. Our student population spans the socio-economic spectrum and is ethnically diverse.
- At Child Nursery Centers we offer an expansive range of services to children and families.
- Our goals are for children to show a greater motivation for learning, to grow in an atmosphere of trust and acceptance, to experience success in life.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||700 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on a sliding fee scale.|
|Admissions Director||Josette Montes|
- Founded in 1897, Child Nursery Centers is recognized as a leader in early care and education. CNC has the capacity to serve up to 700 children with high quality, comprehensive programs in 30 sites including licensed centers, homes, and schools. Our full-day, full- year, and before and after school programs are available to children ages 0-14.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Colorado Springs Grades: PK-K | 56 students
1110 W Moreno Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
(719)630-3763 1.2 PK-K
- Colorado Springs Grades: 3-12 | 41 students
17 Farragut Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80909 1.5 3-12
- Colorado Springs Grades: K-3 | 49 students
1311 N Nevada Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
(719)632-7681 1.9 K-3
- Colorado Springs Grades: NS-PK
1204 Mesa Rd
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
(719)473-2620 1.9 NS-PK
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.