- Founded in 1897, Child Nursery Centers is recognized as a leader in early care and education.
- CNC has the capacity to serve up to 700 children with high quality, comprehensive programs in 30 sites including licensed centers, homes, and schools.
- Our full-day, full- year, and before and after school programs are available to children ages 0-14.
- The Child Nursery Centers is a not for profit where more than one third of our children participate in the Colorado Child Care Assistance Program, which provides financial assistance to families living at or below 185% of poverty.
- Over 65% of the children we serve are from single parent households, primarily women, who are working or going to school.
- Tuition costs are determined using a sliding scale. Our student population spans the socio-economic spectrum and is ethnically diverse.
- At Child Nursery Centers we offer an expansive range of services to children and families.
- Our goals are for children to show a greater motivation for learning, to grow in an atmosphere of trust and acceptance, to experience success in life.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||700 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on a sliding fee scale.|
|Admissions Director||Josette Montes|
- Founded in 1897, Child Nursery Centers is recognized as a leader in early care and education. CNC has the capacity to serve up to 700 children with high quality, comprehensive programs in 30 sites including licensed centers, homes, and schools. Our full-day, full- year, and before and after school programs are available to children ages 0-14.
Profile last updated: 05/24/2016
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Colorado SpringsGrades: NS-K | 30 students
306 W Brookside Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Colorado SpringsGrades: PK-KG | 57 students
1110 W Moreno Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Colorado SpringsGrades: K-3 | 49 students
1311 N Nevada Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Colorado SpringsGrades: NS-PK
1204 Mesa Rd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
Colorado SpringsGrades: PK-8 | 252 students
901 N Logan Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.