Child Nursery Centers
- Founded in 1897, Child Nursery Centers is recognized as a leader in early care and education.
- CNC has the capacity to serve up to 700 children with high quality, comprehensive programs in 30 sites including licensed centers, homes, and schools.
- Our full-day, full- year, and before and after school programs are available to children ages 0-14.
- The Child Nursery Centers is a not for profit where more than one third of our children participate in the Colorado Child Care Assistance Program, which provides financial assistance to families living at or below 185% of poverty.
- Over 65% of the children we serve are from single parent households, primarily women, who are working or going to school.
- Tuition costs are determined using a sliding scale. Our student population spans the socio-economic spectrum and is ethnically diverse.
- At Child Nursery Centers we offer an expansive range of services to children and families.
- Our goals are for children to show a greater motivation for learning, to grow in an atmosphere of trust and acceptance, to experience success in life.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||700 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on a sliding fee scale.|
|Admissions Director||Josette Montes|
- Founded in 1897, Child Nursery Centers is recognized as a leader in early care and education. CNC has the capacity to serve up to 700 children with high quality, comprehensive programs in 30 sites including licensed centers, homes, and schools. Our full-day, full- year, and before and after school programs are available to children ages 0-14.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Colorado Springs Grades: PK-K | 56 students
1110 W Moreno Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
(719)630-3763 1.2 PK-K
- Colorado Springs Grades: 3-12 | 41 students
17 Farragut Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80909 1.5 3-12
- Colorado Springs Grades: K-3 | 49 students
1311 N Nevada Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
(719)632-7681 1.9 K-3
- Colorado Springs Grades: NS-PK
1204 Mesa Rd
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
(719)473-2620 1.9 NS-PK
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.