Rocky Mountain Montessori Academy
- Rocky Mountain Montessori Academy is a full-time Montessori school dedicated to meeting the needs of parents who seek the finest educational program for their children.
- We provide a caring community and quality educational environment for the growth of the whole child.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Average SAT score||1120|
|Average ACT score||33|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Nancy Clarke|
- We value the uniqueness of each child. Our prepared classrooms enable students to be excited and confident about learning. The classroom structure strives to fulfill social and emotional as well as educational needs. We help the students to become aware that they are responsible for themselves and that they have important roles to play in our society. For these reasons we have mixed age groupings that encourage peer teaching, and allow students to learn from each other, as well as from the teacher. In addition to math, language, history, and science, we study geography and different cultures. We use traditional hands-on Montessori materials plus new materials that we develop to meet the student's needs. We do not provide religious instruction; we leave this vital role to parents and families. We do include the holidays celebrated around the world in our studies of other cultures, in the hope that understanding differences and being tolerant of them will further the cause of world peace. At a more local level, we want the students to understand that we are all part of a community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Colorado Springs Grades: PK-12 | 285 students
5905 Flintridge Dr
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
(719)598-8610 1.8 PK-12
- Colorado Springs Grades: 1-12 | 238 students
2511 N Logan Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
(719)634-7024 5.5 1-12
- Colorado Springs Grades: NS-1 | 155 students
2041 Chuckwagon Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
(719)388-8818 5.8 NS-1
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.