Children Of Peace
- Located in the heart of the Illinois Medical District and University of Illinois at Chicago campus, Children of Peace Catholic School develops students that brings God's peace to their community.
- Our small class sizes allow our teachers to foster strong relationships with our students.
- Our community extends beyondthe classroom. Partnerships with groups such as UIC, Big Shoulders Fund, Notre Dame Parish and Rush Medical Center help to create a mosaic that reflects the vitality of the city.
- At Children of Peace, we believe in providing outstanding education for the whole child: mind, spirit and body.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Association Montessori International (AMI)
National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS)
International League of Christian Schools (ILCS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Deaf/Hard of Hearing|
|Total Students||216 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Children of Peace serves students from Preschool through 8th grade in traditional and deaf/hard of hearing classrooms (Holy Trinity School for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing), and preschool through Level Two Montessori classrooms. Our diverse classrooms have a 15:1 student to teacher ratio.
- Unique Learning
- American Sign Language is taught from preschool through 8th grade in all three programs. Science classes are taught in the science lab donated by Rush Medical Center for grades 6th-8th. Our graduates are accepted into the top Catholic and CPS Selective Enrollment high schools. Schools include St. Ignatius, Holy Trinity High School, Whitney Young High School, and Jones College Prep.
- Faith Based Community
- Our school welcomes students from all faiths and backgrounds, providing the space to learn from each other's experiences. Daily prayer andreligious classes as well as a weekly prayer service is part of the curriculum. Students also have the opportunity to receive the Sacraments of First Communion, Reconciliation and Confirmation.
- Our Day
- Classes meet from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm Monday through Friday. Before and after school care options are available from6:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 66 students
5259 S Major Ave
Chicago, IL 60638
(773)581-5259 6.8 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 101 students
6820 S Washtenaw Ave
Chicago, IL 60629
(773)476-0571 6.9 PK-8
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.