Children Of Peace
- Located in the heart of the Illinois Medical District and University of Illinois at Chicago campus, Children of Peace Catholic School develops students that brings God's peace to their community.
- Our small class sizes allow our teachers to foster strong relationships with our students.
- Our community extends beyondthe classroom. Partnerships with groups such as UIC, Big Shoulders Fund, Notre Dame Parish and Rush Medical Center help to create a mosaic that reflects the vitality of the city.
- At Children of Peace, we believe in providing outstanding education for the whole child: mind, spirit and body.
Children Of Peace places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Association Montessori International (AMI)
National Association of Private Catholic and Independent Schools (NAPCIS)
International League of Christian Schools (ILCS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Deaf/Hard of Hearing|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,050|
|Tuition Notes||Traditional K-8: $5,050 Traditional Preschool: $5,150 Montessori: $6, 800|
National avg.: 85%
- Children of Peace serves students from Preschool through 8th grade in traditional and deaf/hard of hearing classrooms (Holy Trinity School for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing), and preschool through Level Two Montessori classrooms. Our diverse classrooms have a 15:1 student to teacher ratio.
- Unique Learning
- American Sign Language is taught from preschool through 8th grade in all three programs. Science classes are taught in the science lab donated by Rush Medical Center for grades 6th-8th. Our graduates are accepted into the top Catholic and CPS Selective Enrollment high schools. Schools include St. Ignatius, Holy Trinity High School, Whitney Young High School, and Jones College Prep.
- Faith Based Community
- Our school welcomes students from all faiths and backgrounds, providing the space to learn from each other's experiences. Daily prayer andreligious classes as well as a weekly prayer service is part of the curriculum. Students also have the opportunity to receive the Sacraments of First Communion, Reconciliation and Confirmation.
- Our Day
- Classes meet from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm Monday through Friday. Before and after school care options are available from6:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 52 students
5259 S Major Ave
Chicago, IL 60638
(773) 581-5259 6.8 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: NS-8 | 101 students
6820 S Washtenaw Ave
Chicago, IL 60629
(773) 476-0571 6.9 NS-8