Children's Day School
- Children's Day School recognizes that every child is born with unique gifts.
- Our mission is to develop each student's genius by providing an inspiring environment where challenging academics are inseparable from social, artistic, and physical experiences, and where children of all backgrounds feel safe to be themselves, become avid learners, and strive to make a difference in the lives of others.
- Our educational program encourages curiosity, exploration, cooperation, risk-taking and a love of learning.
- It is integrated across academic disciplines and incorporates a project-based approach in which our students develop academic skills through inquiry and collaboration.
- Our students develop a sense of caring for self, for others, for the community and for the world as they become creative thinkers, skilled mathematicians, accomplished artists, strong writers and rigorous researchers.
- They graduate confident in their strengths, unafraid to struggle and prepared for the challenges and opportunities that await them.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||441 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / Jan. 6 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Siding scale tuition range for 2015-2016: $2,180?$28,180.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$17,916|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Diane Larrabee|
|Admissions Associate||Amanda Richard|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Indoor Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Indoor Soccer, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 430 students
250 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415)565-0400 0.4 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 301 students
659 Pine St
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415)421-0069 2.1 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 195 students
1387 Valencia St
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415)567-6177 1 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.