Childrens House Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- Located in Highland Park, New Jersey, Children`s House Montessori School has been a mainstay in the community for over 30 years. Since 1970, our school has provided an outstanding and authentic Montessori education for children between the ages of 2-6. Children`s House is a full affiliate with the American Montessori Society (AMS), and a member of the North American Montessori Teacher Association (NAMTA), and licensed by the State of New Jersey`s Division of Youth and Family Services (DYFS).
Childrens House Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call for tuition costs|
|Admissions Director||Kristin Hannon|
|Admissions Associate||Enza Lillicrapp|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book club, Cooking
Arts and Music Programs:
Ballet, Tumbling, Yoga
- Recognized as one of the oldest Montessori schools in the state, Children's House Montessori School closely adheres to the Montessori principles, philosophy and Code of Ethics. Our head teachers and administrators (in addition to their BA degrees) are graduates of MACTE accredited teacher training programs. We have beautifully equipped indoor and outdoor environments, especially designed to meet the needs of young children. We welcome visitors and observers to our school. Please feel free to call or email us if you'd like a tour.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Edison Grades: PK-K | 131 students
211 Mill Road
Edison, NJ 08837
(732)287-4888 3 PK-K
- Edison Grades: PK | 141 students
10 Oak Dr
Edison, NJ 08837
(732)549-5580 5.6 PK
Fantastic school -- our son went there for 2 years + 3 summers, & we can't recommend it enough.
- Posted by Parent - anne.
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.