Childrens House Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- Located in Highland Park, New Jersey, Children`s House Montessori School has been a mainstay in the community for over 30 years. Since 1970, our school has provided an outstanding and authentic Montessori education for children between the ages of 2-6. Children`s House is a full affiliate with the American Montessori Society (AMS), and a member of the North American Montessori Teacher Association (NAMTA), and licensed by the State of New Jersey`s Division of Youth and Family Services (DYFS).
Childrens House Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call for tuition costs|
|Admissions Director||Kristin Hannon|
|Admissions Associate||Enza Lillicrapp|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book club, Cooking
Arts and Music Programs:
Ballet, Tumbling, Yoga
- Recognized as one of the oldest Montessori schools in the state, Children's House Montessori School closely adheres to the Montessori principles, philosophy and Code of Ethics. Our head teachers and administrators (in addition to their BA degrees) are graduates of MACTE accredited teacher training programs. We have beautifully equipped indoor and outdoor environments, especially designed to meet the needs of young children. We welcome visitors and observers to our school. Please feel free to call or email us if you'd like a tour.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Edison Grades: PK-K | 131 students
211 Mill Road
Edison, NJ 08837
(732)287-4888 3 PK-K
- Edison Grades: PK | 141 students
10 Oak Dr
Edison, NJ 08837
(732)549-5580 5.6 PK
Fantastic school -- our son went there for 2 years + 3 summers, & we can't recommend it enough.
- Posted by Parent - anne.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.