Childrens Place Photo #2 - Developing concentration, coordination and confidence with our Montessori Practical Life activities.
- Our school serves children from 18 months through 6th grade.
- As a Montessori program we focus on each student as an individual, helping them to learn and grow in a way that builds on their existing skills to discover new abilities and interests.
- We know that children are naturally enthusiastic learners, and they are learning every day - not just academic skills but also emotional and social skills.
- All of these skills are intertwined and all are essential.
- We also know that children learn best when they are truly engaged and can work at their own pace.
- Our classrooms are very hands-on with lots of concrete experiences.
- We want your child to love learning as much as we do! We have been serving South Bay families since 1998 and many of our teachers have been with us 10 years and longer.
- Our school community is dedicated to helping your child reach their full potential.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences, Our program adapts to multiple learning styles|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||53 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call the school for current tuition information! 310-328-6313.|
- The most important requirement for a student's success in a Montessori program is the parent's positive attitude and support for Montessori education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gardena Grades: 1-11 | 19 students
16219 S Western Avenue
Gardena, CA 90247
(310)532-4850 3.4 1-11
- Gardena Grades: K-5 | 110 students
16311 S Western Ave
Gardena, CA 90247
(310)527-0348 3.4 K-5
- Fountain Valley Grades: NS-3 | 180 students
18410 Brookhurst St
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714)593-8333 23.6 NS-3
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.