Christ Church Day School
- The staff of Christ Church Day School believes the ideal setting for learning is based on respect for the dignity of each child.
- Within this setting, students progress through a sequential and challenging curriculum.
- We believe children work to their full academic potential in an atmosphere where they feel valued and are engaged in joyful learning.
- Underlying everything we do at Christ Church Day School is an education based on values, academic excellence, service learning, inclusiveness, and respect for diversity.
- We desire that children become lifelong learners. While basic skills are the foundation of our curriculum, the curriculum is not used as an end in itself, but as a means to excite each child about learning.
- By addressing how children learn, teachers can engage them in activities that gradually build self-discipline and present them with age-appropriate opportunities to reason and reflect on experiences.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Coronado Grades: K-1 | 20 students
919 C Ave
Coronado, CA 92118
(619)435-5888 0.1 K-1
- Coronado Grades: K-8 | 284 students
706 C Ave
Coronado, CA 92118
(619)437-4431 0.2 K-8
- San Diego Grades: PK-K | 134 students
2111 Camino Del Rio S
San Diego, CA 92108
(619)295-1915 2.2 PK-K
- San Diego Grades: NS | 91 students
650 24th St
San Diego, CA 92102
(619)233-8888 2.7 NS
Christ Church has been such a blessing to our family. We initially chose the school for the small class size, but have been completely impressed with teachers' dedication to their students. We love that Spanish, spiritual nurturing, and public speaking are started in Junior Kindergarten and continued through sixth grade. The school is a close knit community and the parents are very involved. Student to teacher ratio is the best in the town.
- Posted by Parent - Sarah Villarroel