Christian Ministries Academy
- Founded in 1980, Christian Ministries Academy is a K-12 Private, Christian School that is located just 6 miles from the Hot Springs Village Front Gate. For 40 years now, CMA has been equipping its students with spiritual growth through excellent academics as well as creating leaders in our community. The school is primarily supported by Christian Ministries Church, but students who attend CMA come from all over our surrounding area and from many different churches.
- Biblical Christianity is fully embraced at CMA and is evident throughout our curriculum. Subjects like spelling, phonics, and even cursive writing are still taught daily to our elementary students. Our junior high and high school students are challenged to critically think. Along with core classes and electives they also have Bible class, discuss current events, get leadership training, engage in community service, and learn key life skills. Chapel services are held weekly as our students lead in areas of media, lights and music.
- Athletics play a significant role at CMA. From daily PE for all grades to sports like golf, volleyball, basketball, softball, baseball and track. Our Conqueror fans regularly fill the bleachers of our gymnasium to support our teams which compete against many public school teams in our area along with other Christian schools in the state of Arkansas and Oklahoma.
- The CMA administration is a deeply committed group of Godly leaders who have a vision to love and equip each young person at CMA. The goal of our school staff is to give our students a quality education and the life skills necessary to produce success in whatever area God has planned for them.
- If you would like more information about enrollment at Christian Ministries Academy, please visit our website at cmahotsprings.com.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||140 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki Pants/Shorts and Polos/Oxford Shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jul. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,600|
|Tuition Notes||The Annual Tuition option is discounted when paid in full by August 1st. Semester Tuition is broken up into 6 monthly payments per semester for a total of 12 payments each year.|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Stacey Mosher|
|Admissions Associate||Ella Hollingsworth|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Conquerors For Life Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- In order for a student to be considered for acceptance at CMA: -They cannot currently be in trouble nor have been expelled from another school, be in a behavioral alternative school, judge ordered rehab or detention, etc. There must be progress made in the direction of change over time to be considered. -Students in junior high and high school have to want to be at CMA. -Junior high and high school students must want to grow in their relationship with Jesus. -Elementary students must have the ability to listen to instruction, have age appropriate self-control, and be able to take instruction from authority. -The family must attend church somewhere. If you feel that CMA is a place where you can see your student grow, learn and excel in the things of the Lord along with challenging academics and leadership skills, please contact us to receive our Prospective Student Information. We look forward to hearing from you!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bryant Grades: PK-11 | 222 students
21815 I 30 West
Bryant, AR 72022
(501) 847-1559 35.5 PK-11
- Glenwood Grades: PK-12 | 63 students
608 N Clay St
Glenwood, AR 71943
(870) 356-4404 83.4 PK-12
This school is excellent and I am so thankful for everyone there that is helping my son to grow academically and spiritually. Great place!
- Posted by Parent - f&sb
With the state of the world that we live in today, my desire was for my two children to receive a Biblical, Godly influence in their day to day learning environment as well as a challenging academic standard. As they grew into young ladies, I wanted them to have a firm foundation of faith in God, in His Word - and to know and be able to defend the truth that God's Word has set forth on this earth. There is no better place than Christian Ministries Academy for academic excellence combined with spiritual growth. One of my daughters is a graduate of CMA and is now a teachers assistant at the school. My other daughter is going to be a sophomore at CMA. In all of the years they have had at CMA, both have been taught to strive for excellence in all they do and to be Godly leaders in their school and community.
- Posted by Administrator - cmoff
My girls go to CMA and absolutely love it!! They are in 1st and 2nd grade and the parent-teacher-student relationship is great. As a parent I am learning it seems along with my girls. The teachers promote thinking outside of the box and the Christian values CMA represents is amazing. My girls have been part of the public school life and it is not even comparable to the academic education they are receiving at CMA. Prayer is valued in this school as prayer is valued in our home life also. I love the teachers because they are there to teach and love and disipline. My girls respect their teachers highly and love them. My husband and I were sold on CMA just by our first walk through and so many high school kids approached us with their testimonies and how blessed they were. It really is a great school. I could seriously go on and on about our experience with our school. :)
- Posted by Parent - sawye
CMA was one of the best decisions ever made for my daughter. She was the youngest and only attended her last 2 years of high school but I wish I could've sent all of my children to CMA. The education grounded in biblical principals and support and love she received during a difficult time has forever impacted her life and walk with the Lord. One the their greatest strengths in my opinion is in training up their students to be leaders and to make a difference in the world they live in. Can say enough good. Love! Love! Love!
- Posted by Parent - shann
This school is relevant for today. It is practical as well as spiritual with a great environment to grow and succeed in. I can tell you they will be given the tools they need to succeed in life whether they are a plumber, doctor, business owner or Minister. I have one that has graduated and the other is a 10th grader. I wouldn't send them anywhere else.
- Posted by Parent - 4them
Going to CMA is the best decision I have ever made for my children. CMA has equipped my kids for college and prepared them for leadership roles in life. Thank you so much CMA!!!!!!
- Posted by Parent - Deehe
We love CMA. I wish I had had the opportunity to of attended there during my childhood. The staff are awesome. I really feel like they are able to give my son the attention and guidance needed to succeed in today's modern world. They have great Christian family values. The sports program is great, baseball, basketball volleyball and golf. attending one of these events is a must .... they are great and it is pretty intense to watch.. We highly recommend CMA to everyone who is trying to raise young christian men and women in their lives. It is the best school.
- Posted by Parent - mcnar