The staff at Churchland KinderCare are here to provide the best care possible to all of our children.
The average tenure of the staff is seven years, even though our cook has worked for KinderCare for 33 years.
Our staff has a variety of education from Child Development Associates credentials to Associate's and Bachelor's Degrees.
The relationships that the staff have with our families is like no other.
We truly consider each family to be part of our own and always enjoy building new family relationships.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Students: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 30%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to Churchland Kindercare in Portsmouth, Virginia. We are a learning center that believes every child can and should have every opportunity to learn, grow, be loved and have fun. Our goal is to help develop the whole child and work side by side with our families. All children here at KinderCare are considered to be an extension of our own families and will be cared for as if they were our own. We strive to provide the best learning environment for our children in a caring, loving and safe manner. We welcome you to come and visit our center and see what a wonderful place your child can experience.
- Churchland KinderCare believes in the utmost safety for our children and staff. We have a keypad entry with a code that changes every six months and a totally fenced in playground with a six foot privacy fence. All staff have their CPR and First Aid certifications,all staff are Daily Health Observation trained and several members of the staff are Medication Administration trained.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:00 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Suffolk, Portsmuth, Chesapeake Social Services, Planning Counsel, Norfolk, Petersburg. NACCRRA. 5% military discount.
Endorse Churchland KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.