- City Academy is the only private, independent elementary school in Missouri providing scholarship support to all students.
- Located in St. Louis City`s Penrose neighborhood, City Academy serves children, families and the community through exceptional education and bold expectations that empower children to overcome barriers.
- We believe a family`s geographic location and income should never be a barrier to accessing high quality education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||189 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki bottoms (skirts, shorts, pants), polo tops or dress tops (blue, light blue, white))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 27 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,500|
|Tuition Notes||Currently, all families qualify for significant financial aid and the average tuition paid per family is $3,500 annually.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$16,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Stephanie Dooley|
- In most elementary schools in the U.S., the homeroom teacher is expected to be a generalist. City Academy has embraced the specialist model, which is more of an international approach to teaching. Through the specialist model, City Academy teachers instruct the one subject about which they are most knowledgeable. This means experts in their chosen content area teach their subjects to all students. The specialist model also allows for greater depth in a subject area that supports the level of academic rigor expected of City Academy students.
- City Academy believes that both the social-emotional and academic growth of each student is equal and necessary to address the healthy development of the whole child. Academic programs include STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, math), violin instruction for all students 1st-6th grade, Spanish instruction for all scholars, and extended day programs and summer programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: K-12 | 230 students
4257 Magnolia Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63110
(314)776-6473 5 K-12
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-6 | 323 students
5209 Waterman Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63108
(314)361-6411 2.5 PK-6
- Florissant Grades: PK-12 | 277 students
845 Dunn Rd
Florissant, MO 63031
(314)972-6227 7.8 PK-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.