New City School
- New City School develops each child's individual strengths through an integrated Multiple Intelligences curriculum.
- We prepare children, age three through grade six, to be confident joyful learners who are successful academically, knowledgeable about themselves and others, and who value diversity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||317 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,800|
|Tuition Notes||part-time preschool - $13,300|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,100|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melanie Harmon|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Fencing, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Fencing, Indoor Soccer,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Math Club, River Kids (ecology club)
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Choir, Drama Club, Music Lessons
- New City School provides a unique and challenging experience that includes a comprehensive academic curriculum. In addition to this attention to academic excellence, learning experiences in the school also focus on issues of diversity and social justice, as well as helping all children experience the inherent joy that comes when curiosity is nurtured in a safe and supportive community. Students also learn important intrapersonal and interpersonal skillsthe ability to know themselves and to work well with others. Our student body is diverse and broad, allowing children and families to develop respect and appreciation for different perspectives and experiences. Through the use of the theory of multiple intelligencesas a classroom tool to capitalize on each student`s unique learning strengthsNew City School provides many different ways for children to learn and succeed. Full-time specialists include faculty in the areas of technology, library science, counseling, Spanish, art, physical education, learning specialist, the performing arts, music, and creative movement.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: NS-6 | 189 students
4175 N Kingshighway Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63115
(314)382-0085 2.5 NS-6
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-6 | 372 students
6235 Wydown Boulevard
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314)726-4542 1.8 PK-6
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.