Community Christian Academy
- Community Christian Academy is an independent, non-denominational school committed to a program that inspires students to pursue excellence in moral character, academics and servant leadership to others. It is the mission of CCA to prepare students to impact their world for Christ by equipping them with a sound education, by empowering them with a biblical worldview, and by inspiring them through Godly leadership.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Occupational, Speech therapy, Language-based learning differences|
|Total Students||357 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(There is a dress code )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition: Full-time (5 day/wk)daycare/preschool is $880 per month; Half Day (5 day/wk) Pre-K is $405 per month, kindergarten is $6,805 a year; grades 1 - 5th is $7,160 a year; grade 6 is $7,375 a year (incl. outdoor camp), grades 7-8 is $7,630 a year; gra|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||K-8 principal: Kim DeLeon|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle Ruffier|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Chess Club, Drama, Piano, Student Leadership, Technology Club Chess Club, Chess Club, Drama, Piano, Student Leadership,
- Community Christian Academy and Northwest Christian High School 4706 Park Center Ave. N.E., Lacey, WA 98516
- Administration: High School principal: Terry Ketchum; K-8 principal: Kim DeLeon; and Preschool/Day-care Director: Brenna Daugherty
- Grade levels offered: Community Christian Academy: Daycare/Preschool 8th grades (with All-day kindergarten) & Northwest Christian High School, 9-12th grades is on our campus.
- Preschool/Daycare Enrollment and typical class size: 70 daycare/preschool students with a maximum class size of 10; 180 students in K-8 with an average class size of 15; 120 high school students with classes of 6 to 22 students.
- Classroom style: K - 6th grades have traditional classes with specialists (Spanish, Music, & PE) and Jr. High classes move to different classes for the different subjects and specialists.
- Subjects taught/enrichment classes:
- K-8th: Spanish, computer, choir, piano, & PE; Band is also available if there is enough interest; 5th-8th grades can play sports; Jr. High has electives such as crafts, cooking, sewing, landscaping, sports, yearbook, small machines, drama & worship band.
- 9th-2th at Northwest Christian High School, which is on our campus: biology, AP US History, chemistry, Interactive labs, STEM programs with 3D printers, Concurrent Credit Art & Speech, physical science, pre-algebra through discrete mathematics, speech, government, creative writing, culinary arts, guitar, outreach team, drama, Spanish, yearbook, journalism, computer, Knowledge Bowl, academic decathlon, office skills, & leadership.
- Contact information:Community Christian Academy (Preschool/Daycare 8th grades) 360-493-2223 or Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.nwchristianschools.org (Community Christian Academy link)
- Northwest Christian High School (9th 12th grades): 360-491-2966 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & International Program Email: email@example.com NCHS website is: http://www.nwchristianschools.org (Northwest Christian High School link)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
YelmGrades: PK-12 | 126 students
13036 Morris Rd Se
Yelm, WA 98597
OlympiaGrades: PK-8 | 526 students
1010 Black Lake Blvd Sw
Olympia, WA 98502
LaceyGrades: NS-8 | 184 students
7075 Pacific Ave Se
Lacey, WA 98503
LaceyGrades: NS-8 | 92 students
2606 Carpenter Road SE, Lacey, WA
Lacey, WA 98503
OlympiaGrades: NS-8 | 145 students
8126 Normandy St.
Olympia, WA 98501
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?