Coram Deo Academy
Founded in 2008, Coram Deo Academy exists to assist parents in their duty of biblically training their children by offering distinctly Christ-centered and Classical academic instruction.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 144 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,000
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 22%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(Everyday uniform, PE uniform, and Chapel uniform)
(Everyday uniform, PE uniform, and Chapel uniform)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
We have tiered tuition rates for Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten, as well as multi-student discounts.
Total Sports Offered
- Rather than teaching students to be test-takers, CDA educates the whole child, training them to be lifelong learners. Our holistic curriculum is designed to create scholar disciples who can think critically, communicate persuasively, and serve effectively for the glory of God. Students master Latin, logic, and other subjects essential to developing organized, thoughtful, and eloquent communication.
- Coram Deo integrates biblical truth into every subject. Students learn to make Christ the cornerstone in their minds, wills, and hearts to live for the glory of God. The staff at Coram Deo Academy are devoted participants in local evangelical churches and are worthy of imitation in life and faith. By maintaining small class sizes that promote academic excellence, the faculty at CDA has the time, space, and passion to provide students with a purposeful education from kindergarten to graduation.
- Mission & Values
- Classical Christian Education is transformative education. Coram Deo Academy`s two-fold methodology of discipleship and scholarship creates durable disciples who will lead and influence the world with their lives.
- Discipleship: Students learn from faithful Christ-followers through instruction, imitation, and practice. Biblical truth is integrated into every subject, so Christ becomes the cornerstone in all areas of life, as modeled by CDA staff.
- Scholarship: Students develop a love of learning and cultivate mastery of the tools of learning. Through this mastery, CDA students become lifelong learners. Our culture is built on a close community of staff, students, and parents, all of whom are committed to CDA`s mission. Instead of elevating the school above the family, Coram Deo Academy partners with families to bring up their children in the training and admonition of the Lord.
- Theological Vision
- Leadership "Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith." Hebrews 13:7
- Our board members form a strong team of faithful servant leaders who direct our school in the pursuit of the true, the beautiful and the good.
- Faculty and Staff"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6
Profile last updated: 09/21/2021
I am a parent of a Coram Deo Academy student. We deeply value our school for many reasons.1. Timeless and rich way of teaching that encompasses all aspects of learning and growth within academics2. The weaving of faith throughout academics3. small knit community caring well for each other and making our students feel loved and accepted 4. Extremely competent educators valuing each and every student
Once you discover Classical Christian education-you never go back. When we moved from Arizona, we specifically looked for a Classical Christian school, and were blessed to have found Coram Deo Academy. Small class sizes, rigorous academics, and where each child is known, loved, and challenged. There is also a very strong sense of community between moms, dads, grandparents, and other families, as well as great events!
Coram Deo Academy is a growing community of families who are committed to the mission of "assisting parents in their biblical duty of training their children by offering academic instruction that is distinctly and consistently Christ-centered and classical." As a parent of a current student at CDA, we love how our child is shown Christ in all areas of life and study. The academic program makes sense, and our son thrives in the engaging curriculum and masterful teachers who live out being contagious Christians, lifelong learners, compelling communicators, creative thinkers and legacy leaders.
We have had our children attend Coram Deo since kindergarten. What we love most about the classical setting is the vibrant way they learn through repetition, singing and rhymes as well as critical thinking skills through informal and formal logic, persuasive writing, speaking, and debate. Our children have come into their own. They love learning and have a passion for the material because it has been brought to life. The community of believes and friends found here has also been a staple in our passion for Coram Deo. They offer warm, genuine friendships that promote living life together as well all seek the same goal of providing our children with the best education. We work as partners with the teachers coming together to make sure our children are on track and communicate to ensure everyone is getting the best out of their time together in class. We want to encourage you to pursue learning more about this school so you too can experience the blessings of Coram Deo- "Before the face of God".
CDA is a school that creates life long learners and communicators. Truth and reasoning are taught, fortitude and wisdom developed, and the love of Christ is cultivated. CDA students are prepared to do life wisely, to honor God and influence their world. The CDA teachers love and teach our children well and the school is a loyal community. We are so grateful for CDA!
We are on out 10th year at Coram Deo and could not be happier! With having 3 kids who have completed their studies at CDA, we have 1 remaining. The teachers are absolutely phenomenal in instructing with a biblical world view, teaching kids HOW to think, not what to think, and always loving on them!
Our family currently has four Coram Deo Academy students, and this is our family`s eighth year at this school! I can count on no more than one hand the number of times my children have ever complained about getting up and heading out the door for school, which we attribute to the rich and fascinating curriculum that Classical Christian education offers, along with the depth of, and number of, relationships our children get to experience with their teachers, classmates, and other CDA families! Our students are known, recognized, and loved by the teachers and administrators at CDA, and we, as a family, are quite grateful for the opportunity to embark upon this journey with the Coram Deo community.
Endorse Coram Deo Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.