Midwest Academy is an independent school in Carmel, Indiana, serving over 95 students in grades 4-12 in need of a more hands-on, experiential learning environment.
We provide a progressive educational environment for students with learning differences, fostering academic achievement, self-acceptance, personal growth, and individual accountability.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 3-12
- Enrollment: 99 students
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
ADD/ADHD, LD, High Functioning Autism, Anxiety
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
% on Financial Aid
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
- Our students are intelligent young people who have found it difficult to thrive in a traditional schooling environment. Many of our students struggle with complex learning situations stemming from language/sensory processing differences or social skill challenges. They need a small class size, more individualized attention, and accommodations that a smaller environment provides.
- Populations served generally include, but are not limited to, students diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, high-functioning autism, school anxiety, various learning disabilities, and those students with neuro-typical traits whose learning styles benefit from a smaller classroom environment.
- Some of our students simply have a desire to learn in a more personal environment with a progressive curriculum that is student-centered, vigorous and yet not driven by state testing requirements.
- Please visit our mymwa.org to learn more about us.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Midwest Academy offer?
Midwest Academy offers 3 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Dance and Martial Arts.
When is the application deadline for Midwest Academy?
The application deadline for Midwest Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Midwest Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.