- Midwest Academy is an independent school in Carmel, Indiana, serving over 95 students in grades 4-12 in need of a more hands-on, experiential learning environment.
- We provide a progressive educational environment for students with learning differences, fostering academic achievement, self-acceptance, personal growth, and individual accountability.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD/ADHD, LD, High Functioning Autism, Anxiety|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Katie Foster|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Martial ArtsBasketball, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- Our students are intelligent young people who have found it difficult to thrive in a traditional schooling environment. Many of our students struggle with complex learning situations stemming from language/sensory processing differences or social skill challenges. They need a small class size, more individualized attention, and accommodations that a smaller environment provides.
- Populations served generally include, but are not limited to, students diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, high-functioning autism, school anxiety, various learning disabilities, and those students with neuro-typical traits whose learning styles benefit from a smaller classroom environment.
- Some of our students simply have a desire to learn in a more personal environment with a progressive curriculum that is student-centered, vigorous and yet not driven by state testing requirements.
- Please visit our mymwa.org to learn more about us.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Indianapolis Grades: PK-11 | 16 students
3535 Kessler Boulevard East Dr
Indianapolis, IN 46220
(877) 700-6516 7 PK-11
- Indianapolis Grades: PK-12 | 115 students
10701 E 56th St
Indianapolis, IN 46235
(317) 826-1160 11.3 PK-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 800 students
2801 W 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46268
(317) 524-7050 5 9-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.