Midwest Academy is an independent school in Carmel, Indiana, serving over 95 students in grades 4-12 in need of a more hands-on, experiential learning environment.
We provide a progressive educational environment for students with learning differences, fostering academic achievement, self-acceptance, personal growth, and individual accountability.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD/ADHD, LD, High Functioning Autism, Anxiety|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Katie Foster|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Martial ArtsBasketball, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- Our students are intelligent young people who have found it difficult to thrive in a traditional schooling environment. Many of our students struggle with complex learning situations stemming from language/sensory processing differences or social skill challenges. They need a small class size, more individualized attention, and accommodations that a smaller environment provides.
- Populations served generally include, but are not limited to, students diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, high-functioning autism, school anxiety, various learning disabilities, and those students with neuro-typical traits whose learning styles benefit from a smaller classroom environment.
- Some of our students simply have a desire to learn in a more personal environment with a progressive curriculum that is student-centered, vigorous and yet not driven by state testing requirements.
- Please visit our mymwa.org to learn more about us.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Indianapolis Grades: PK-11 | 16 students
3535 Kessler Boulevard East Dr
Indianapolis, IN 46220
(877) 700-6516 7 PK-11
- Indianapolis Grades: PK-12 | 92 students
10701 E 56th St
Indianapolis, IN 46235
(317) 826-1160 11.3 PK-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 800 students
2801 W 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46268
(317) 524-7050 5 9-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.