University High School of Indiana
5.00 (1 review)
University High School of Indiana Photo #2 - University High School offers a three-week January Term where students study one subject in depth that interests them. Some classes even include travel portions, and students visit places like Berlin, France, Chicago, or even Walt Disney World.
University High School of Indiana Photo #3 - Teachers at University High School are approachable and helpful.
University High School of Indiana Photo #4 - Small class sizes and small teacher loads ensure each student gets personal attention and thoughtful feedback.
University High School of Indiana Photo #5 - The arts program at University High School encourages creative expression and exploration.
University High School of Indiana Photo #6 - Athletics at University High School are inclusive yet competitive.
University High School of Indiana Photo #7 - Every student at University has a faculty mentor to meet with every other week for the four years of high school.
- University High School of Indiana is an independent college preparatory school located in Carmel, Indiana.
- Founded in 2000, the school provides an educational and empowering environment for more than 320 students that promotes faculty/student mentoring; a small, cores-values-driven community; four-year, student-focused college counseling; and personalized education. Visit www.universityhighschool.org for more information.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP European History, AP French Language & Culture, AP Government & Politics: US, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language & Culture, AP Spanish Literature & Culture, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: 2D Design, AP Studio Art: 3D Design, AP U.S. History, AP World History, Electricity & Magnetism|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 1 / Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,575|
|Tuition Notes||Students buy a laptop at reduced rates through the school.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Nancy Webster|
|Admissions Associate||Taylor Newell|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||34 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Advocates for Children, Best Buddies, Black Affinity Club, Blaze Craze, Business & Finance Club, Canoeing for Kids, Chinese Culture Club, Community Service Club, Debate Club, Eco-Blazers, Fishing Club, French Club, Games Club, Gay-Straight Alliance, Guitar Club, Hiking Club, Homework Club, Improv Club, Jewish Affinity Club, Math Club, Model UN, Outdoors Club, Poultry Pals, Public Address Club, Quiddler Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, The U Post, UHS Dance Marathon, Women's Empowerment & Action Group
Arts and Music Programs:
Knitting Club, StageBlazers
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Rock Climbing Club, Ultimate Frisbee Club
- University High School is unique among area high schools. Small by design, it provides students with a personalized experience and a community atmosphere that many larger schools cannot.
- Parents love the emphasis on core values, faculty mentoring and a college counseling program that begins in the freshman year and walks families through every aspect of the process.
- Students love the inclusive athletic program, the three-week January Term, and the one-to-one laptop program and wireless campus.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carmel Grades: 4-12 | 96 students
1420 Chase Court
Carmel, IN 46032
(317)843-9500 3.8 4-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 800 students
2801 W 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46268
(317)524-7050 3 9-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 686 students
5885 Crittenden Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46220
(317)251-1451 7.8 9-12
University High School is a rigorous high school that excels in personal attention to the students. Its distinctives include a January Term and Mentoring program...each of which are top-notch and set it apart. Athletics are no-cut, allowing students to try sports in which they might have interest, regardless of skill level. Its a place to grow.
- Posted by Parent - SuperMom
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.