University High School of Indiana
5.00 (1 review)
Small class sizes and small teacher loads ensure each student gets personal attention and thoughtful feedback.
University High School offers a three-week January Term where students study one subject in depth that interests them. Some classes even include travel portions, and students visit places like Berlin, France, Chicago, or even Walt Disney World.
Every student at University has a faculty mentor to meet with every other week for the four years of high school.
- University High School of Indiana is an independent college preparatory school located in Carmel, Indiana.
- Founded in 2000, the school provides an educational and empowering environment for more than 300 students that promotes faculty/student mentoring; a small, cores-values-driven community; four-year, student-focused college counseling; and personalized education. Visit www.universityhighschool.org for more information.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 20%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP European History, AP French Language & Culture, AP Government & Politics: US, AP Physics C: Mechanics, Electricity & Magnetism, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language & Culture, AP Spanish Literature & Culture, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: 2D Design, AP Studio Art: 3D Design, AP U.S. History, AP World History,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 1 / Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,975|
|Tuition Notes||Students buy a laptop at reduced rates through the school.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Nancy Webster|
|Admissions Associate||Taylor Newell|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||37 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advocates for Children, Alternate Reality Game Club, Best Buddies, Blaze Craze, Business & Finance Club, Canoeing for Kids, Car Club, Chinese Culture Club, Community Service Club, Debate Club, Eco-Blazers, Fishing Club, French Club, Games Club, Gay-Straight Alliance, Guitar Club, Homework Club, Improv Club, Jewish Culture & Current Events Club, Knitting Club, Math Club, Model UN, Outdoors Club, Ping Pong Club, Poultry Pals, Public Address Club, Quiddler Club, Rock Climbing Club, Rubber Stamp Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, Sparrow Club, StageBlazers, The U Post, UHS Dance Marathon, Ultimate Frisbee Club, Women's Empowerment & Action Group Best Buddies, Blaze Craze, Car Club, Debate Club, Eco-Blazers, Fishing Club, French Club, Games Club, Guitar Club, Homework Club, Improv Club, Knitting Club, Math Club, Model UN, Outdoors Club, Ping Pong Club, Poultry Pals, Quiddler Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, Sparrow Club, StageBlazers, The U Post, Advocates for Children,|
Alternate Reality Game Club,
Business & Finance Club,
Canoeing for Kids,
Chinese Culture Club,
Community Service Club,
Jewish Culture & Current Events Club,
Public Address Club,
Rock Climbing Club,
Rubber Stamp Club,
UHS Dance Marathon,
Ultimate Frisbee Club,
Women's Empowerment & Action Group,
- University High School is unique among area high schools. Small by design, it provides students with a personalized experience and a community atmosphere that many larger schools cannot.
- Parents love the emphasis on core values, faculty mentoring and a college counseling program that begins in the freshman year and walks families through every aspect of the process.
- Students love the inclusive athletic program, the three-week January Term, and the one-to-one laptop program and wireless campus.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CarmelGrades: 4-12 | 96 students
1420 Chase Court
Carmel, IN 46032
- IndianapolisGrades: 9-12 | 800 students
2801 W 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46268
- IndianapolisGrades: PK-12 | 986 students
7200 N College Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46240
- IndianapolisGrades: 9-12 | 316 students
7525 W 21st Street
Indianapolis, IN 46214
- IndianapolisGrades: PK-12 | 159 students
3639 S Keystone Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46227
University High School is a rigorous high school that excels in personal attention to the students. Its distinctives include a January Term and Mentoring program...each of which are top-notch and set it apart. Athletics are no-cut, allowing students to try sports in which they might have interest, regardless of skill level. Its a place to grow.
- Posted by Parent - SuperMom
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.