Colonial Christian School
Tel: (317) 253-0649
- Colonial Christian School is a K4-12 accredited, private, college preparatory Christian school located on the northeast side of Indianapolis.
- As a ministry of Colonial Hills Baptist Church, we accept students from churches of like doctrine and practice. Excellent academics, Biblical worldview, Christian discipleship, traditional instructional format, award winning fine arts programs, and competitive sports programs are hallmarks of our school.
Colonial Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences; SPED Coordinator on staff; accommodations for IEP; private tutoring available|
|Total Students||198 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Advanced Courses||AP Physics, Calculus Dual Credit, English 12 Dual Credit, Honors Algebra II, Honors Chemistry, Honors Spanish II, Precalculus and Trigonometry Dual Credit, Spanish III Dual Credit, Statistics Dual Credit|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Prescribed Uniform listed on website)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jul. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,360|
|Tuition Notes||Vouchers accepted. Tax Credit scholarships available. Tuition discounts for second, third, fourth student.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,400|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Park McMillan|
|Admissions Associate||Rebekah Lewis|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Big/Little Program (aka Big Brother/Big Sister)|
Club or Organization:
American Christian Honor Society, Class Officers, Journalism/Yearbook, Robotics Club (grades 4-6), SALT (Servants and Leaders Together), Spirit Team
- Colonial Christian School is an Indiana Choice School with an A rating from the Indiana Department of Education for four of the past five years.
- Colonial Christian School has been recognized by the Indiana Department of Education as a high performing high school for the past three years.
- CCS scored in the top 6% in Indiana on the 2018-2019 ILEARN Test (grades 3-8 combined ELA/MATH proficiency scores).
- Colonial Christian School received an award in 2017 from Ivy Tech for the Largest Growth in High School Based Dual Enrollment.
- In 2017-18 and 2018-19, students at CCS won first place in the Mathletics Showdown Challenge between the US and Canada.
- CCS competes nationally in the American Association of Christian Schools National Fine Arts, Bible, and Academics competition and has won multiple first place awards in both individual and group categories.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 800 students
2801 W 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46268
(317) 524-7050 4.9 9-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 7-12 | 639 students
3360 W 30th St
Indianapolis, IN 46222
(317) 924-4333 8.5 7-12
- Indianapolis Grades: K-10 | 50 students
1055 N Girls School Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46214
(317) 244-8491 12.7 K-10
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 713 students
5885 Crittenden Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46220
(317) 251-1451 3.1 9-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.