Cornerstone Baptist Academy
Tel: (317) 826-1160
Cornerstone Baptist Academy provides a distinctively Christian environment that encourages the attainment of spiritual and academic excellence.
Your child's spiritual well-being is always a major emphasis of the staff.
Showing love and concern for individuals develops love and concern in return.
The safe, stable environment at the school fosters security in the hearts of the children.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||92 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Advanced Courses||Anatomy & Physiology, College Biology, Understanding the Culture, Understanding the Times|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,750|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
- SCHOOL PROFILE
- Cornerstone Baptist Academy is a ministry of Cornerstone Baptist Church established in 1999 by its members under the leadership of Pastor Donald Mitchell. The school holds the doctrines and beliefs of Cornerstone Baptist Church and does not exist outside the realm of the church.
- Cornerstone Baptist Academy occupies the facilities of the Cornerstone Baptist Church. The school currently occupies sixteen classrooms, cafeteria, computer lab, gymnasium, library, and administrative offices. The church auditorium is used for chapels and special programs. Utilizing thirteen acres of land, the school also has an outdoor playground and soccer field with area remaining to accommodate future expansion and development.
- Cornerstone Baptist Academy offers a K3 through twelfth grade distinctively Christian academic program. Upon opening its doors in the fall of 1999, CBA`s initial enrollment stood at 18 students offering only PK3-K5. The school has increased enrollment since its inception and now operates a full elementary through high school program.
- Christian teachers compose the faculty of CBA which are members in good standing at Cornerstone Baptist Church. Serving in their local church and community, CBA faculty seek to maintain a well-balanced world and life view. The School Board is composed of the pastor and a subset of the deacons of Cornerstone Baptist Church. The administrator is the key person responsible for daily activities.Cornerstone Baptist Academy is accredited by the American Association of Christian Schools and its accreditation is recognized by the Indiana Department of Education.
- Cornerstone Baptist Academy participates in the Indiana state testing programs. In addition, 10th and 11th grade students take the PSAT/NMSQT. All juniors and seniors take either the SAT or ACT.
- EDUCATIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Cornerstone Baptist Academy is a member in good standing with the American Association of Christian Schools and Indiana Association of Christian Schools. Administration and faculty have certifications from AACS. Faculty and staff of the school attend conferences and seminars and complete professional development to keep informed and prepared in their areas of responsibility.
- The cost of attending Cornerstone Baptist Academy compares favorably with other area and associated Christian schools with similar programs. A complete listing of tuition costs and fees is available upon request.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Indianapolis Grades: PK-11 | 16 students
3535 Kessler Boulevard East Dr
Indianapolis, IN 46220
(877) 700-6516 6.9 PK-11
- Carmel Grades: 3-12 | 95 students
1420 Chase Court
Carmel, IN 46032
(317) 843-9500 11.3 3-12
- Indianapolis Grades: PK-8 | 301 students
6950 E 46th St
Indianapolis, IN 46226
(317) 543-4923 3.8 PK-8
- Indianapolis Grades: 7-12 | 639 students
3360 W 30th St
Indianapolis, IN 46222
(317) 924-4333 13 7-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.