Horizon Christian School
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool
- Students: 185 students
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
according to age level The school exists to serve the community and tuition is kept at the lowest rate possible.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
- Our Mission: The Christian School Program is part of theministry of Horizon Baptist Church and is based on Christianprinciples and Biblical teachings. We provide an environment forthe development of a child's social, spiritual, physical and mentalneeds that is safe, happy, warm and loving. In our school, we wantto help each child grow and develop as Jesus did. We want to accepteach child as he is - allowing him to grow in his own way, at hisown pace, according to individual needs. This will be done byproviding learning activities in a Christian atmosphere designed toassist children and their families to develop the mature Christianlife.
- The most important key to achieving our mission are ourdedicated teachers, who on a daily basis bring a Christianperspective to their teaching. At all levels and in all classes itis our desire to teach and learn from a Christian paradigm. Everyteacher, while unique in personality and teaching expertise, is aChristian dedicated to the goals of Christian education.
Endorse Horizon Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.