Horizon Christian School (HCS) serves students from pre-k through 12th grade, and is a non-denominational ministry of Horizon Christian Fellowship.
Our student body of nearly 300 is comprised of students from many local churches.
HCS teaches from a Biblical worldview, and is fully accredited through the Indiana Department of Education.
Horizon provides small class sizes with more personal attention. Students enjoy our beautiful 98 acre campus in the Geist/Lawrence area.
Horizon is a non-denominational, Biblically based Christian school striving for academic excellence while developing in students a Christian perspective of the world by encouraging a lifetime of service to Jesus Christ.
- Top Ranked IN School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 261 students
- Yearly Tuition: $6,720
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Calculus, English, Statistics, US History
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
PK: $2,600 K-5th grade: $6,720 6th-8th grade: $6,860 High School: $7,470 Additionally, all grades have $260 registration fee and $260 curriculum fee
National avg.: 85%
Mary Lyn Milford
- The curriculum at Horizon Christian School emphasizes a Biblical worldview, and intentionally promotes an atmosphere of Christ's love that encourages our students to obey God's Word and trust fully in God's sovereignty. It is the work of Horizon Christian School to provide an intentional educational framework which equips our students with the skills necessary to pursue God's calling in their lives. The students at Horizon have achieved above the national average on national standardized tests, and above the Indiana average on the ISTEP. Courses are aligned with Indiana State Standards and taught through a Christian worldview. We continually review and enhance our academics, providing our students with the essential skills to succeed. Our students go on to a variety of colleges, including Anderson University, Indiana University, Indiana Wesleyan University, IUPUI, Purdue University, Taylor University, and many others.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Horizon Christian School cost?
Horizon Christian School's tuition is approximately $6,720 for private students.
What schools are Horizon Christian School often compared to?
Horizon Christian Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Heritage Christian School by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Horizon Christian School?
The acceptance rate of Horizon Christian School is 80%, which is lower than the national average of 88%. Horizon Christian School's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Indiana with low acceptance rates.
What sports does Horizon Christian School offer?
Horizon Christian School offers 6 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball and Volleyball.
What is Horizon Christian School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Horizon Christian School?
The application deadline for Horizon Christian School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Horizon Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.