Holy Cross Lutheran School
- Holy Cross Lutheran School is a ministry of Holy Cross Lutheran Church and is located at 1020 Mocho Street in Livermore, California.
- Our phone number is (925) 447-1864.We offer morning, afternoon, and full day preschool programs for children 2 years old through Kindergarten entry.We provide a safe and nurturing Christian environment for children to develop spiritually, academically, socially, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- We offer a balance of self-directed and structured activities with diverse experiences to foster each child's unique creativity and development.To learn more about Holy Cross Lutheran School and/or to set up a time for a campus tour.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Call for tuition rates|
- PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
- 2 year olds: Our 2 year olds meet two days a week on Tuesday & Thursdays from 9:00-11:30 am. The teacher to child ratio is 3 adults to 12 children. Children participate in hands on activities that encourage speech development and cooperative play. The 2 year olds attend Chapel once a week with the 3 year old classes.
- 3 year olds: We offer two options for our three year olds, a Monday, Wednesday, Friday option as well as a Tuesday & Thursday option. Both programs meet from 8:45-11:45 a.m.. and have a teacher to child ratio of 3 adults to 18 children. Our low ratio allows teachers to plan learning activities that best meet the needs of each child. Children are active participants in the classroom, and are allowed and encouraged to make choices in their daily activities. The 3 year olds attend Chapel once a week with the other 3 year old classes.
- 4 year olds: Our Monday, Wednesday, Friday program for 4 year olds meets from 8:45 am-12:00 pm. The teacher to child ration is 3 to 21. Activities are based not only on age and developmental stages but also the individual child. Children spend time in learning centers they have chosen and also in teacher-directed activities. The teacher- directed activities include letter writing, letter recognition, math, science, music and movement. 4 year olds attend chapel for 15 minutes twice a week. Once a week, during Chapel time, they hear Godly Play stories presented by the Pastor or Director.
- JR. K: Our JR. K program is designed for children 5 years old or older and 4 year olds who are developmentally ready for a more structured program. The class meets Monday- Thursday from 8:30 am -12:00 pm. There are 3 teachers with 20 children in a classroom. The teacher integrates each child's spontaneous, day-to-day discoveries, interest and questions, into established goals. Our JR. Kindergarten curriculum helps develop the important language, literacy, and reasoning skills each child needs to excel in reading and mathematics instruction in kindergarten. To the greatest extent possible, children learn these skills in the context of activities, projects, and play. Jr.K children attend Chapel twice a week. Once a week during Chapel, students participate in our Godly Play program. Lunch BunchWe offer an opportunity for children to stay after school for an enrichment program.
- Extended CareExtended Care is available from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may choose a 4:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. pick up time. The children are moved to the Extended Care room after they have participated in the preschool program. The Extended Care program serves children between the ages of 3 and 5.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Livermore Grades: NS-3 | 138 students
2200 Arroyo Road
Livermore, CA 94550
(925)243-0972 1.4 NS-3
- Livermore Grades: PK-8 | 348 students
1385 S Livermore Ave
Livermore, CA 94550
(925)447-1246 1.6 PK-8
- Livermore Grades: NS-8 | 437 students
1273 N Livermore Avenue
Livermore, CA 94551
(925)455-8021 1.8 NS-8
- Livermore Grades: NS-8
3110 Constitution Drive
Livermore, CA 94551
(925)264-9477 2.9 NS-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.