St Simon The Apostle School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Saint Simon the Apostle School is a Pre-Kindergarten through eighth grade Catholic school with an enrollment of over 720 students.
- We have three sections at each grade level. Saint Simon is spiritually grounded in the beliefs of the Catholic faith.
- Service is also part of the Saint Simon philosophy. We want our students to look beyond their needs and see the needs of the greater community.
- Our academic standards are high, and we annually rank in the top ten percent of the schools in the state on standardized tests.
- Addressing the creative, physical, and developmental stages of each child helps us to reach the needs of children entrusted to our care.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||728 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Indianapolis Grades: PK-12 | 922 students
7200 N College Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46240
(317)415-2700 10.1 PK-12
- Columbus Grades: K-8 | 404 students
1306 27th St
Columbus, IN 47201
(812)379-9353 46.8 K-8
St. Simon has been good for my children academically, socially and spiritually. They provide a strong teaching staff, good leadership, technology in the classroom. In addition, there are some great extracurricular opportunities, such as sports, theater and band. Students who graduate from St. Simon are well prepared for high school and beyond. Kids also learn about how to perform service in the community and learn about their faith.
- Posted by Parent - Current parent
I currently have a student at St. Simon and one in high school. Overall, St. Simon has provided a safe, loving, faith filled and academic excellence environment. My child in high school is thriving. St. Simon is a small school with big school options such as band and theater. Students at St. Simon are taught from Pre-School up to make service to the community an important part of their life. In middle school the students must complete monthly community service for a grade. In the end, it was a great choice for our family!
- Posted by Parent - St. Simon Parent
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.