Cornelia Connelly School
Cornelia Connelly School Photo #3 - Assemblies are always more fun with our koala mascots on hand to celebrate!
- Cornelia Connelly High School, founded in 1961, is a Catholic, independent, fully accredited college-preparatory school for girls. Through small class size, attention to each individual, and a comprehensive educational program, Connelly creates a values-based learning culture that empowers young women to become articulate and self-confident leaders and to use their gifts to transform our global society.
- Honors and Advanced Placement courses are available, as well as many co-curricular activities including theatre, athletics and a variety of clubs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADD, ADHD, Anxiety|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chinese, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, Government, Latin, Spanish Language, Studio Art, US History|
|Average SAT score||1180|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 24 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance, Work Study Program and Merit Scholarships Available|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ali Aceituno '04|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- Cornelia Connelly School of the Holy Child is a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for young women, grades 9 - 12. Established in 1961, the School takes its name from Cornelia Connelly, who founded the Society of the Holy Child Jesus in 1846. The School is sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Child. The Society operates schools preschool through college level - in the United States, Europe and Africa. Ethnically diverse, Connelly draws students from a wide geographic area, including Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties.
- Cornelia Connelly School inspires young women to achieve academic excellence and PHILOSOPHY develop into confident, articulate young leaders who are guided by Catholic principles to serve our global society. A Roman Catholic, independent, college-preparatory high school for girls, Cornelia Connelly School promotes academic excellence, faith development, global consciousness, and moral and ethical behavior.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anaheim Grades: 1-12 | 123 students
2530 W La Palma Ave
Anaheim, CA 92801
(714)995-1800 1.4 1-12
- Alhambra Grades: 9-12 | 284 students
1701 W Ramona Road
Alhambra, CA 91803
(626)282-4151 19.6 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.