- Cornerstone Montessori School was founded in March of 1983, with the goal of providing children with the most nurturing Montessori education available.
- Cornerstone Montessori School is a non-sectarian, non-discriminatory private school located in unincorporated Jefferson County, Colorado, twenty minutes west of Denver.
- Our children enjoy beautiful, natural surroundings with an abundance of wildlife and opportunities for outdoor experiences.
- The staff of Cornerstone Montessori School follow the teachings of Maria Montessori by embracing the uniqueness and potential of each child and member of our community.
- As the role of adult is always evolving, we promise to create an environment, which nurtures the development of compassion, imagination, respect, trust, honesty, and kindness.
- Our commitment is to guide children in a loving, playful, joyful, warm, safe environment, which requires us to be prepared, present, whole and accountable.
- Cornerstone Montessori School's purpose is to provide quality Early Childhood Education (ECE) utilizing the Montessori method.
- Children in a Montessori environment learn through active discovery rather than through passive reception.
- All of our teachers have received specialized training in the Montessori method, which includes teachings, observations, and materials developed by Dr. Maria Montessori, as well as training in ECE. Our staff commits to each family enrolled in the school to support the discovery and development of the greatest potential within each child.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||114 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arvada Grades: PK-K | 66 students
16395 W 64th Ave
Arvada, CO 80007
(303)431-5437 1.9 PK-K
- Arvada Grades: PK-K | 36 students
14449 W 63rd Pl
Arvada, CO 80004 2 PK-K
- Arvada Grades: NS-PK | 27 students
14449 West 63rd Place
Arvada, CO 80004
(303)432-9445 2 NS-PK
- Arvada Grades: PK-K | 52 students
6412 Fig St
Arvada, CO 80004 2.1 PK-K
- Arvada Grades: PK-K | 114 students
12735 W 58th Ave
Arvada, CO 80002
(303)422-4949 2.2 PK-K
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.