- Cornerstone Montessori School was founded in March of 1983, with the goal of providing children with the most nurturing Montessori education available.
- Cornerstone Montessori School is a non-sectarian, non-discriminatory private school located in unincorporated Jefferson County, Colorado, twenty minutes west of Denver.
- Our children enjoy beautiful, natural surroundings with an abundance of wildlife and opportunities for outdoor experiences.
- The staff of Cornerstone Montessori School follow the teachings of Maria Montessori by embracing the uniqueness and potential of each child and member of our community.
- As the role of adult is always evolving, we promise to create an environment, which nurtures the development of compassion, imagination, respect, trust, honesty, and kindness.
- Our commitment is to guide children in a loving, playful, joyful, warm, safe environment, which requires us to be prepared, present, whole and accountable.
- Cornerstone Montessori School's purpose is to provide quality Early Childhood Education (ECE) utilizing the Montessori method.
- Children in a Montessori environment learn through active discovery rather than through passive reception.
- All of our teachers have received specialized training in the Montessori method, which includes teachings, observations, and materials developed by Dr. Maria Montessori, as well as training in ECE. Our staff commits to each family enrolled in the school to support the discovery and development of the greatest potential within each child.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||114 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Arvada Grades: PK-K | 66 students
16395 W 64th Ave
Arvada, CO 80007
(303)431-5437 1.9 PK-K
- Arvada Grades: PK-K | 36 students
14449 W 63rd Pl
Arvada, CO 80004 2 PK-K
- Arvada Grades: NS-PK | 27 students
14449 West 63rd Place
Arvada, CO 80004
(303)432-9445 2 NS-PK
- Arvada Grades: PK-K | 52 students
6412 Fig St
Arvada, CO 80004 2.1 PK-K
- Arvada Grades: PK-K | 114 students
12735 W 58th Ave
Arvada, CO 80002
(303)422-4949 2.2 PK-K
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.