Cortez Adventist Christian School
- Welcome to the Cortez Seventh-day Adventist School. We are a Seventh-day Adventist school located in Cortez, CO. Our staff are committed to providing quality education in a Christ-filled environment.
- The Cortez Seventh-day Adventist School family exists to show children Jesus, nurture their love for Him and others, teach them to think, and empower them to serve.
- The Cortez Seventh-day Adventist School is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church to provide a spiritually oriented education for children.
- A belief in the existence of the Creator God is fundamental in the philosophy of Seventh-day Adventist schools.
- We respect His divine authority and recognize His intervention in human affairs.
- We believe that true education develops the spiritual, mental, and physical powers of each student; preparing them for the joy of service in this life and for the higher joy of service in the life to come.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cortez Grades: PK-K | 54 students
Po Box 1417
Cortez, CO 81321
(970)565-8586 1 PK-K
- Cortez Grades: PK-12
11502 Highway 145
Cortez, CO 81321
(970)565-8964 3.2 PK-12
- Durango Grades: NS-3 | 71 students
890 East Third Ave
Durango, CO 81301
(970)259-1483 39.6 NS-3
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.