Cortez Adventist Christian School
- Welcome to the Cortez Seventh-day Adventist School. We are a Seventh-day Adventist school located in Cortez, CO. Our staff are committed to providing quality education in a Christ-filled environment.
- The Cortez Seventh-day Adventist School family exists to show children Jesus, nurture their love for Him and others, teach them to think, and empower them to serve.
- The Cortez Seventh-day Adventist School is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church to provide a spiritually oriented education for children.
- A belief in the existence of the Creator God is fundamental in the philosophy of Seventh-day Adventist schools.
- We respect His divine authority and recognize His intervention in human affairs.
- We believe that true education develops the spiritual, mental, and physical powers of each student; preparing them for the joy of service in this life and for the higher joy of service in the life to come.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cortez Grades: PK-K | 54 students
1204 E. Empire St
Cortez, CO 81321
(970) 565-8586 1 PK-K
- Cortez Grades: PK-12
11502 Highway 145
Cortez, CO 81321
(970) 565-8964 3.2 PK-12
- Durango Grades: 2-8 | 28 students
3107 Western Avenue
Durango, CO 81301
(970) 385-4834 39.2 2-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?